Cloth Diapering

Out growing question

My baby is enormous. Like tremendous. His growth curve looks exponential instead of logarithmic. He's starting to outgrow some diapers, and I would sell them, but I'm concerned that he will slim down later and fit back into them.

Do you think it's safe to say anything he's outgrown in the rise is really and truly outgrown? Vs width which he may shrink back down in later? Should I just hoard everything? I'm thinking mostly of prefolds but also some fitteds and covers.
Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Out growing question

• No, I've moved the rise up and down on my diapers for my daughter.

At 12 months she was completely open.  At 15 we were back down a rise.

I'd hang on to anything that isn't super small on him.  As soon as he starts to crawl and walk he may slim down.

• Yep we've gone up and then back down in rise for G too.  Mostly around that 9-16 month stage though.  So far anything that was outgrown after 18 months, still doesn't fit at almost 2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I bet he slims back down once he starts moving.  Can you get some big prefolds/large covers to kind of tide you over till some of the baby chub starts to wane?  Also totally creeped out that I've see you here forever and just now put two and two together.   :-h  That said there are some "one size" that are bigger than others.  Honestly I think some of the biggest are Kawaii baby.  I have some if you want them let me know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• RrrrrachelRrrrrachel member
    edited August 2014
    Hey @rboisvert‌ ! I didn't know you were around here. We have plenty that fits, thank goodness for blueberry coveralls and I just spent too much in the gmd bst on brown edge. I'm just trying to decide how much I should hoard vs sell to fund my precious melovia that @freezorburn‌ is sending me.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just wanted to say that I love how you described his growth curve as exponential vs logarithmic. Not that I remember what those look like anymore....
  • Teaching math for a decade or so will do that to you :)
  • Funny you should mention exponential.  I'm working on a project right now that involves fitting data to an exponential curve.   :P

image imageimageimage

• Teaching math for a decade or so will do that to you :)

It's been a decade since calc... Or any math class for that matter. Teaching small children to sing or play instruments doesn't help me remember any higher level math.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"