One & Done: Only child
Options

fffc!

Re: fffc!

• Options
    Dh and i really need to start a budget...and stick to it.... i had a mini heart attack when i saw my bank account yesterday.

This was after i bought the sun glasses :/
  • Options
    Also told my sister we couldn't hang out this weekend due to other plans. Really i just get tired of hearing all their life competitive talk.... i would rather just take my kiddo to the pool and enjoy the day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also i have the day off but i took my ds to daycare still. I plan on cleaning, doing laundry, and talking a nap in peace :)
  • Options
    AgoAgo member
    I'm getting over a head cold and DD just started complaining of a sore throat this morning (which is how mine started). I loaded her up on vitamin c, Echinacea, zinc, and advil and sent her to school. Aaaand...we will probably still go to the baseball game tomorrow.
    University of Kansas alum Geoff Folker applies food coloring to his snow sculpture at his home on Park Street in Olathe, Kan., on Sunday, March 24, 2013.  A storm that dumped up to 15 inches of snow on parts of Colorado and Kansas is making its way east, with winter storm warnings and advisories issued for today and tomorrow as far east as Pennsylvania. (AP Photo/The Kansas City Star, John Sleezer)

January OAD Siggy Challenge: Creative Snow Sculptures

• Options
    Ago said:
    I'm getting over a head cold and DD just started complaining of a sore throat this morning (which is how mine started). I loaded her up on vitamin c, Echinacea, zinc, and advil and sent her to school. Aaaand...we will probably still go to the baseball game tomorrow.
    I hope it passes her up! 
  • Options
    Kld2014 said:

I've been letting dd watch bubble guppies while she plays and I get ready for work. It started when H was out of town. I feel terrible about putting my 8 month old in front if the tv already but I can get ready without her screaming. She mostly plays with her toys and glances up occasionally. :\">

getting ready for work with a kid is so hard without tv, I don't care what anyone says. you just do what you gotta do.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Ago said:

ew hope it passes quickly. DH has a head cold and I'm just trying to keep it at bay!
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Dh and i really need to start a budget...and stick to it.... i had a mini heart attack when i saw my bank account yesterday.

This was after i bought the sun glasses :/

I have a budget but I update it like, once a month. which really doesn't help that much except make me realize how much we go over every month.
    maybe return the glasses?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    fffc: so, DD started a new preschool in July and she has a BFF who I remember was the first person to talk to her when we first walked into class, etc. they are cute and inseparable. her parents and we love that they found their bffs. her parents are around the same age as us, and I actually work with her dad on the lot. he's awesome. the only problem is... I see they're kind of conservative. I want to go further with this but the next step is fb'ing them, and I don't want them to get completely turned off by my liberalness. I can't believe I'm saying this. do I tone it down for them? I mean, he is a colleague technically and I feel weird about work people that may think differently of me because of my FB to begin with. my fffc is that I can't believe I'm such a sellout.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Kld2014 said:
    I've been letting dd watch bubble guppies while she plays and I get ready for work. It started when H was out of town. I feel terrible about putting my 8 month old in front if the tv already but I can get ready without her screaming. She mostly plays with her toys and glances up occasionally. :\">

If this is a confession, I should be in prision.

Josie has been watching TV since she was 3 months old.  Like, legit watching it.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Another confession. I'm about to search for a lifetime movie. Lol coffee and a movie sounds great today.
  • Options
    Kld2014 said:

If this is a confession, I should be in prision.

Josie has been watching TV since she was 3 months old.  Like, legit watching it.

Guilty as well!  The TV is almost always on at our house and DS will watch it from time to time.  Recently he's been requesting his favorite shows and sitting through the majority of them before getting up to play.

• Options
    Ummm hott guy on dating naked... why did i just find this show?!
  • Options

fffc: so, DD started a new preschool in July and she has a BFF who I remember was the first person to talk to her when we first walked into class, etc. they are cute and inseparable. her parents and we love that they found their bffs. her parents are around the same age as us, and I actually work with her dad on the lot. he's awesome. the only problem is... I see they're kind of conservative. I want to go further with this but the next step is fb'ing them, and I don't want them to get completely turned off by my liberalness. I can't believe I'm saying this. do I tone it down for them? I mean, he is a colleague technically and I feel weird about work people that may think differently of me because of my FB to begin with. my fffc is that I can't believe I'm such a sellout.

Do not tone down! They need to like you for you. If not the friendship wont last anyway.
    I know you're right about this!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    This isn't flameful or anything, but here's my confession:

I am nervous for the first time DS asks to have a friend from school over. I'm terrified that once his friends parents find out he has two moms they'll decide their DD/DS can't play with DS. I know I should give people more credit but we live in a very conservative part of a conservative state. We've met a lot of great people but what if DSs best friend at school can't play because two lesbians decided to have a baby? :(
    I hate that this is something you have to worry about. It's hard to give people credit when we live in a world that is still very homophobic. Hopefully your son's friends won't have parents who think that way

Agreed

• Options

I am nervous for the first time DS asks to have a friend from school over. I'm terrified that once his friends parents find out he has two moms they'll decide their DD/DS can't play with DS. I know I should give people more credit but we live in a very conservative part of a conservative state. We've met a lot of great people but what if DSs best friend at school can't play because two lesbians decided to have a baby? :(

and here I am worrying about what possible conservatives would think of liberal me in Los Angeles.

do you meet/see any of the parents at pick up or drop off?
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I have another one.

There's a conversation on School Aged Children right now about matching clothes. Like, "My kid wants to wear a yellow shirt, pink shorts, purple plaid socks and orange shoes. What do I dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo because she'd doesn't match?"

Everyone is saying, "Well, I fill my child's wardrobe with things that match."

It's clothing. If s/he wants to wear a mash of colors and patterns let them! They are proud of this accomplishment, think they look amazing AND THEY ARE 5/6/7. OMG.

They would be HORRIFIED at some of the things my kid wears out of the house. lol.

I agree with this completely - I want to empower my kid to make her own decisions, and I personally feel telling her or getting exasperated over her choices because it doesn't meet some seemingly arbitrary standard of cuteness is probably confusing.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    DH has today off but I still had to go to work. I was not so secretly happy this morning that DD woke up early while I was showering and DH didn't get to sleep in.

Hehehe, this totally sounds like a reaction I would have!

• Options

I live in a liberal state, and I don't know one person (personally) that would have an issue with same sex parents, so I can't say I can understand the fear, but I hope your fear is completly unfounded.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    kristenndkristennd member
    edited August 2014
    I use a lot of lists in Facebook and one of them is basically Liberal. So if I'm posting about something I know could cause issues with certain in-laws, coworkers, etc, I just select that group and everyone except them sees it.

It's really no different in how there are certain things that do and do not come up in face-to-face conversations with different friends/family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'll need to start budgeting better and spending less. Labor day sales are no help either. Ugh.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"