Babies on the Brain

should I try for number 2

I have this strong urge to get pregnant again. I have a 10 month old son and had to have a c section with him. I also had gestational diabetes but he turned out fine I was wondering do people out there think it's good that we try now or wait a little longer.

Re: should I try for number 2

• Sort of up to you.  You certainly can try or you can wait.  Mine are 19.5 mos apart (I was still nursing DD when I got pregnant with DS).  There are pros and cons either way.  You should probably have this conversation with YH and then maybe your doctor.  
  • There is usually a certain time you're supposed to wait after a c-section. But that aside, you and your SO are the only ones who can decide, not Internet strangers.
  • Loading the player...
  • The doctor did suggest we wait 12 months after my first. However nurses told me as long as the baby is born after the 12 month time frame is okay.
  • My mom had a c section with me and then had my brother 15 months later. (Another c section) she was just fine!

Everyone is different, but I would say it's fine as long as you are past the 6-8 week healing time after the surgery.
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI + Progesterone cycle
    Cancelled due to cysts. Started 3 weeks of BCP.
    4/16--Cute Ute! Clomid+Ovidrel+IUI+Progesterone TI.
    Cancelled-no response
    5/16--Hemmorhagic cyst and other cyst discovered.
    No medicated cycle. MRI scheduled to rule out
    septate uterus.
    6/16--Septum discovered. Consultation for surgery.
    Surprise BFP 6/8/16--EDD 2/13/17
    Kole David--1.7.17--Tiny but Mighty, born at 34+5 after HELLP syndrome
    Chart Stalk Me

• Kimbus22 said:
    I'd clarify with your doctor too.  I mean, I had a vaginal delivery with my first and was still advised to wait a minimum of  6 months to even think about getting pregnant again and that 18 months between pregnancies is actually the best for your body/health.

That said I got pregnant around my kid's 2nd birthday and with I'd waited longer.  A psychotic 3 year old and a teething 3 month old has me running in circles daily.
    I know someone who heard 18 months and thought that meant "its best to have your kids within 18 months of each other".  So they got pregnant right after the other one.  Fortunately it turned out okay for them!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @GhostMonkey‌ are you a doctor?!

Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Cancelled-no response
    septate uterus.
    Chart Stalk Me

• paigeedpaigeed member
    edited September 2014
    And there are people who have kids within 10 months of each other. Shit happens. People still live. But it's cool you are the all knowing. We'll go with your opinion.
    Me (26) DH (28)
    Married 6.22.13
    Hoping for a Herd Linky
    4/15--TTC #1
    12/15--IF testing
    3/16--Dx Unexplained IF
    Cancelled-no response
    septate uterus.
    Chart Stalk Me

• And people forward face their kids before age 1, they used to not use car seats at all, people feed their infants pure sugars and put them in crotch danglers.

That doesn't mean it's a good fucking idea.

Your brilliant.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • paigeed said:

My mom had a c section with me and then had my brother 15 months later. (Another c section) she was just fine!

Everyone is different, but I would say it's fine as long as you are past the 6-8 week healing time after the surgery.

The "I did ________ and everything was fine" is not a valid argument.

I would wait 12 months to increase chances of a vbac. Even if you want a RCS, it's good to give your body time to heal.

That being said, do what you and your husband want after you take into account health risks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• I would just ask your doctor if it's physically ok for you to get pregnant again. I would personally wait if its just an 'urge', make sure it's something you and your SO are 100% about. Urges can pass, it might be hormones or you missing the 'baby' phase of your 10 mo old. But if your doctor gives the ok and you and your SO feel ok, then by all means go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"