Pregnant after 35
Options

Weekly Check-In 8/29

1) Due date? How many weeks are you? What size is baby?

2) Age at delivery? (optional)

3) Any other children? Furbabies?

4) How are you feeling?

5) Any upcoming appointments, milestones, rants or raves?

QOTW:  If you could have an all-expenses-paid dream vacation, what would it be?

Re: Weekly Check-In 8/29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @NeonNoon- we did the Verifi test- super simple and it took about 7 days to get our results.  The best part is that you can elect to find out the sex so we knew that we are having a boy at 99% accuracy by 14 weeks.  There was a snag between the lab and our insurance so I received a bill- it was $1500!  The people at the lab were super nice and resumitted our claim so hopefully our insurance pays.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    thx for the tips @MsMacual

Congrats on the all-clear @mdogan29, and on the boy!  I suppose knowing the gender adds another element of reality to the pregnancy.  It's crazy how soon we can find out these days.

Welcome and congrats @snflowr14.  In our case, it didn't really sink in for DH until he saw the heartbeat at the first US.
  • Options
    Congrats on the A/S @Samuelismomma!  Sorry about the pain.  I could swear we're already on the love drug oxytocin that lets us put up with all the pregnancy uneasiness.
  • Options

@mdogan29 thank you for the warm welcome. I did post an introduction somewhere on these boards, but even I can’t find it :-) Congratulations on your good test outcomes. I would love to be as far as you are, and as positive as you are.

@NeonNoon thanks for the welcome!

• Options

@Samuelismomma, I had the belly button pain last time! Totally sucky. I wonder if I'll get it again. It suddenly resolved after a couple weeks. Good luck!

January 9, 21 weeks, carrot (? weird)

2) Age at delivery? (optional) 39; almost 40

3) Any other children? Furbabies? DD 5.5, DS3.5, DD 1.5

4) How are you feeling? Pretty good overall. Having trouble, as with every other time, with being lightheaded and short of breath after breakfast in the morning. Also, exhausted every day by the kids' naptime and sometimes have to nap or at least close my eyes a bit.

Had my anatomy scan. Everything was really good except for a bright spot on the heart. Quad screen was good so my Down's risk is still only 1 in 700, but I still wish we'd been totally "clean." Also, we are TEAM PINK. We were really hoping for a boy for a brother for DS, and for the overall family balance/dynamic, but of course "as long as it's healthy" we're happy. Also, I can feel the baby (finally!) as of about 10 days ago and that's really nice.

I'd love to stay in one of those over-water bungalows in Fiji. Or Hawaii is wonderful.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @JilliansMoma‌ boo on your uterus! I kept picking that book up but would put it down. I might have to go buy it!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    @JilliansMoma‌ and @BeckyPoo5 that book is amazing. So is the 2nd bk. I cannot wait to see if they make it into a movie. I review for Tracy. She is such a lovely person.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options
    @JilliansMoma‌ and @BeckyPoo5 that book is amazing. So is the 2nd bk. I cannot wait to see if they make it into a movie. I review for Tracy. She is such a lovely person.
    @mandyreads if I'm being too nosy just tell me to butt out but I'm so curious what do you mean by review for Tracey?  I will be so jealous if you get to read books for a living!!!  I didn't even know there was a 2nd book.  Is it with the same characters?  Didn't she self-publish the first? It became a NYT best seller right?

@BeckyP005 pick it up and read it I promise it's worth it, clever ending too! 

JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options
    @JilliansMoma‌ yeah I review for a living...a free living lol but I love it. I mainly do selfpub (indie) authors. But I have reviewed her last 2 bks before they published. I even told her about you gushing about On the Island. Uncharted is bk 2. It does have the same 2 characters but it is mainly about "Bones". I think you'll like it if you read it. Uncharted I think was self pub so you'll have to get it at amazon or another online site. But I do believe it is in paperback if you are not an ereader.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @JilliansMoma‌ yeah I review for a living...a free living lol but I love it. I mainly do selfpub (indie) authors. But I have reviewed her last 2 bks before they published. I even told her about you gushing about On the Island. Uncharted is bk 2. It does have the same 2 characters but it is mainly about "Bones". I think you'll like it if you read it. Uncharted I think was self pub so you'll have to get it at amazon or another online site. But I do believe it is in paperback if you are not an ereader.
    @mandyreads it's sad but I do mostly e-read now.  I miss the weight and smell of real books though! :-( Weird, I know, but true for me! Tell her we read it for book club and all of us raved about it!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Options
    mandyreadsmandyreads member
    edited September 2014
    Since I review, ereader is the only way to go. Bc most authors send out ebooks for us to review. But I miss the smell too. I have to make sure I throw in a physical bk ever so often.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

4/5/15. 9 weeks. I don't know what size. I haven't checked. Olive? Maybe?

14-month-old boy and 2 labrador retrievers
    4) How are you feeling?
    I have good days and bad days. But Diclegis is a nectar of the gods. Even though I still have to take Zofran, I can finally EAT!!! Not a ton, but enough I'm not hangry. I also have more energy. I didn't realize how much the constant "I might puke" feeling was draining my energy until I got it taken care of!
    I had my 8-week-check on Friday. No major news though. And I think I completed my Diclegis rave above! Ha.
    WELL.....Depending on my mood.....Either a Meditterranean cruise (stopping in Spain, France, Italy, Greece, safe parts of Israel, and Morrocco). OR Some island in the South Pacific with one of those little huts over the water and a hot waiter to bring me drinks with an umbrella. I'm not picky though. :-)

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options

April 18th, 2015. I'm 7 weeks 3 days

I have 3 (nearly) grown boys: 23, 19, 18, and 2 cats Banjo and Maizy

4) How are you feeling?
    Very nervous. Only saw the heartbeat for the first time last week. Was certain I would miscarry up to that point. 

I see my OB again on Thursday. I'm curious to hear her thoughts on the validity of my pregnancy since she gave me a 5% chance of seeing a heartbeat. Then was away on vacation so I couldn't ask her then. 
    (RANT)  I do think that they rush to diagnose blighted ovums much too quickly. I saw her the day before my US and she wrote me a script for Misoprostol. I'm so glad I waited and insisted on another ultrasound. Even if I DO miscarry, it needs to be on Mother Nature, not moderm medicine to decide when my pregnancy ends. 

We were really hoping to take the kids on one last family vacation to Hawaii before they all up and graduate and move away. Now with the new baby coming, it's likely we'll postpone it. I'm not sure now how it will pan out. Traveling to Hawaii with a newborn hardly seems like a vacation. Maybe a babymoon is exactly what I need. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @snflowr14 - you're welcome! Oh believe me, it was scary to start, it took me a good 2 months to get over the extreme nervousness and worry! It's scary after a MC too, you start reliving all the moments before when you get to the same point. But having the ultrasounds and hearing the heartbeat and getting back good test results really start to ease the mind. Being a FTM, I recently found out you only get a few ultrasounds early on and then maybe 2-3 more later on, I kind of freaked wondering how I'd know how the baby was doing! I'm amazed how fast the time is moving... I feel like the baby was just the size of a blueberry, now a plum!

@NeonNoon - thank you! Still not over the shock - ha! Look at you, a peach already! :)

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"