February 2015 Moms
Options

MIL wants to be in the delivery room

13»

Re: MIL wants to be in the delivery room

• Options
    My inlaws booked a vacation feb 1-15 that they can't get out of. I'm due feb 8. I'm PRAYING I'm one of the few that goes on my due date (or even a few days before) just to avoid all this MIL drama.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married August 2009

BFP#1 12/19/13 * EDD 8/24/14 * MMC Discovered 2/04/14

BFP#2 5/27/14 * EDD 2/8/15 * Please be our rainbow

• Options
    Wow.  If I didn't know better, I'd think you and I had the same MIL! My MIL "couldn't afford" to come to our wedding either, but wanted to visit during the birth of our first child. My response was "since you couldn't come to the wedding, you can't be here for the birth". End of story.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband knows my stance on having his mother in there, and he knows that if he mentions her coming in during the delivery, he's going to be sent to the waiting room too. You need a birth room bouncer...
  • Options
     A lot of people are saying that your husband should tell her the what for but I think you need to do it together so there is no discrepancy about what was actually said. 
    My MIL called my DH after I told her that I didn't want anyone in the waiting room because my surgery was later in the day and the visiting hours were over at 7pm. She called him complaining saying half the fun was being there waiting and that she wanted to come with SIL, BIL, his wife and kids, and just wait, and that we can't be opposed to that because we can't have anyone with us in surgery.  I said fine wait if you want to but I can't guarantee you will even see us or the baby, my request was to hold her before anyone else because the pregnancy was so rough, and as her mom I deserved to.  

My surgery ended up being pushed back because another lady went from 2 cm to 10 cm in twenty minutes and needed a doc right then. They were all waiting and waiting and never saw the baby because it went after visiting hours, I had an hour recovery, and I didn't even get my baby until later that night.  They all threw a fit and I told them "you can't be mad at us, I asked you not to do it, I told you that you probably wouldn't see us, and you did whatever you wanted anyway. It's your own fault."

Long story short, tell her together so she can't go to DH and guilt him or vice versa, make it clear.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"