December 2013 Moms
Options

Roseola

Anyone have any experience with it? My nephew has it and my sister said they have the virus and are contagious for 1-2 weeks before they get the fever? And then they get the rash after the fever breaks? And kids 6mo-2years are most susceptible? If so, it's pretty much a given that LO will get it I think. They're always sharing toys/stealing each other's binkies. I'm really concerned about the high fevers that comes with it and I am FREAKING out. If you have experience with it please let me know how it went for you and what to expect!

Re: Roseola

• Options

My first son had it around 10 mo old. I didn't even know what it was until after the fact. He only had a 103 fever that lasted a few days & then the rash appeared moreso on his neck & head vs his torso like a typical case.

I'm not sure about the contagious period before hand, but the fever can be scary!  I had never heard of it before my son had it & after a co-worker mentioned it to me, researching it online it sounded liek it is actually a very common illness.

I hope your LO stays healthy!

My 2 December boys

• Options
    Same^

Scary fever then red rash in torso and neck

I believe what u said is correct about being contagious
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks @Missykisses85‌ and @jen4033! I found a lot of info from google but can't seem to find much about contagious times. They were together Thursday-Saturday last week (my mom watches all the kids on those 3 days) and they are constantly swapping binkies. They think it's funny to rip them out of each other's mouths and put them in their own, even if they already have one lol. I even said to my nephew a couple weeks ago "you might think this is funny now, until one of you gets the other sick". Looks like I probably jinxed myself. I feel like my kid is a ticking time bomb!
  • Options

This link says an incubation period is about 5-15 days. I guess only time will tell, but, again, I hope it misses you!

https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000968.htm

My 2 December boys

• Options
    I'm not sure if what we had was roseola or hand, foot and mouth.  HFM was going around daycare so I'm going to assume it was that...however, the pedi mentioned roseola at one point.  LO only had the high fevers (up to 104.9) and just the slightest rash.  I, on the other hand, got my butt kicked.  103 fever for 2 days then rash from head toe (and it was painful). 

The fevers are scary but remember it's the bodies way of fighting off infection.  I would get so scared at night time while she was sleeping with these high fevers but my pedi said that she WOULD wake up if she needed to and she would let us know when she needed something.  Otherwise, let her sleep it off.

Good luck to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"