November 2014 Moms

attention not wanted: a belly touching thread

Ugh,

I just walked into school and some guy I barely know comes up to me, gives me a disgusting kiss on the cheek, and actually touched my belly. I was so surprised that I actually went speechless.

I'm pissed I didn't get to use any of my preplanned reactions. And that my face punching reflex didn't deploy!

I could use some similar stories right now.
BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

Re: attention not wanted: a belly touching thread

• Loading the player...
  • I've only had two people touch my belly besides DH.  One was my hairdresser who's also my coworker and a woman I consider a friend, so I was OK with that.  The other was a coworker I'm not as close with but still like - she's like the school's Italian grandma (in everyone's business, but cares a lot about everyone) so I let it go (she brings me cupcakes from the culinary class, so, fair trade).

However, when I go back to school next week I expect a lot more problems.  Not looking forward to that.
    Baby girl N born 10/29/14!

**Follow your heart, but take your brain with you**

• I haven't had a stranger touch my belly yet and don't mind if friends, family or co-worker touch it. I never had the opportunity to touch a pregnant belly before I got pregnant so I've always been curious. Figured there will be others who are just as curious and ask co- workers if they want to touch if they ask if she is moving. Every time I ask they are really excited to touch.
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    nov 2014 

• My parents were never affectionate people, so when they want to touch my belly, it makes me happy, it's kind of like an early hug for the grandbaby, lol.
    I've had a few older ladies at work touch my belly, and they were so excited, it was hard to be upset.
    I guess you could say, if they are invited to my shower, they are ok... strangers? Random package carrier or wedding guest? SO creepy and not ok!
  • I think I must be giving off a vibe of "touch my belly and die" to strangers.  For the most part, the only people who have touched it are people I know - family, friends - and none of them have done more than a quick pat or a gentle touch.  No full on fondling or rubbing like I'm a Buddha, lol.  The closest was a someone at my husband's family reunion who I hadn't met before touching me. She was a sweet older lady and so congratulatory that I didn't mind too much, plus I didn't really want to be rude to my FIL's brother's girlfriend (follow that? I didn't and I wrote it) in my FIL's house.
    CafeMom Tickers

N14 January Siggy Challenge - What Sucks About Work

• shan24 said:
    We drove up to my parents' house for my shower this weekend. My mom has not stopped touching my belly. We went out to dinner and she was rubbing it in the parking lot on the way back to the car! I finally told her to stop and I think she was offended but I don't care.
    u r my hero! :-)
  • I wouldn't want people touching my belly when I'm not pregnant, I don't know why they think just because there is a baby in there that they can touch it whenever they want!! I have had multiple strangers touch my belly. So annoying. I don't mind if it's family or friends AND I have offered to let them feel her kick. But I don't like anyone just randomly touching me
  • So far I haven't had any strangers try or even ask. Maybe I've go the bitchy pregnant woman vibe, too. I've got my "Sorry, I'm not a Buddha" line ready for them, though!
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• The only person who touches my belly without asking is my mom. I love my mom so much and I'm glad she's excited about this grand baby... but it makes me so tense and irritable. She doesn't just touch, either, she /rubs/, and speaks in baby talk to my baby, calling her "Ellie Wellie." 

GRAAAAAAH RAGE. 

I don't know why it bothers me so much but it doessssss.

She finally felt the baby kick last night. I'm hoping that will satisfy her for awhile and diminish her need for invading my hamster ball.

Pregnancy Ticker

• MuchlyGen said:
    The only person who touches my belly without asking is my mom. I love my mom so much and I'm glad she's excited about this grand baby... but it makes me so tense and irritable. She doesn't just touch, either, she /rubs/, and speaks in baby talk to my baby, calling her "Ellie Wellie." 

GRAAAAAAH RAGE. 

She finally felt the baby kick last night. I'm hoping that will satisfy her for awhile and diminish her need for invading my hamster ball.

Yep! That's what my mom does too! The occasional pat I don't mind, but it was like she was giving my belly a massage. In a parking lot. Too much, Mom. Too much.
  • shan24 said:

MuchlyGen said:

The only person who touches my belly without asking is my mom. I love my mom so much and I'm glad she's excited about this grand baby... but it makes me so tense and irritable. She doesn't just touch, either, she /rubs/, and speaks in baby talk to my baby, calling her "Ellie Wellie." 

GRAAAAAAH RAGE. 

Yep! That's what my mom does too! The occasional pat I don't mind, but it was like she was giving my belly a massage. In a parking lot. Too much, Mom. Too much.

My mom kissed my belly today. Blech!!! Super awkward.

• This is my 3rd baby bump & during my first pregnancy I quickly learned that people have no sense of personal space when there is a baby involved.  In fact, my husband's ex-wife even touched my baby bump with our first.  We are definitely not friends & she is constantly telling my step-daughter that she would like me to die (actual words) so I have no idea why she would even want to touch my bump.  It still makes me mad when I think about it.

I'm not a touchy-feely person.  If you don't sleep with me & I didn't give birth to you.... then don't touch me.
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Anniversary Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Glad I have not ran into anyone like that. That sounds so creepy. The only two people who have touched my belly is my MIL and my husband. I wish you had recovered faster to react, though, cause he deserved a slap in the face.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"