Formula Feeding
Options

Formula color/stains

rmbrjryrmbrjry member
edited August 2014 in Formula Feeding
I've heard from other moms that different formulas are different colors and some stain more than others. We used Gentlease (powder, not RTF) with DD#1 and never had staining problems, but it seemed to be a pretty light shade so maybe that's why? This time around we're hoping to use regular infant formula and/or generic brand formula. Has anyone had any problem with other formula types staining?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Formula color/stains

• Options
    I have no experience with RTF but the two kinds we used when we FFed were plain white and didn't stain anything. We used BEBA when we lived in Europe and Enfamil here in the US. Now breastmilk... that left yellow stains on clothing which I was never really able to wash out.
  • Options
    mom2boxers - DD#1 loathed the RTF so I doubt we'll even try it this time (we only had samples from our pedi's office last time anyway) but that's good to know about the staining.

harmonicbabe26 - did you use the regular Enfamil (infant, etc..)? I never got enough BM for her to spit it up but I can see how that would stain. Maybe that's what I recall hearing about instead of formula.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rmbrjry‌ yes regular Enfamil Infant, yellow tubs.
  • Options
    I've used 3 different kinds, as well as ready to feed, concentrate and powder. I use resolve spray stain remover on any spitups and haven't had any stains.
  • Options
    I use RTF (Similac Advanced) and find that spit-up stains a lot. I haven't noticed BM spit-up stains. I've heard the powder stains less because it's lighter in colour.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    Thanks all :) 

• Options
    @mom2boxers‌ I've just recently started putting oxiclean powder in my wash, but maybe I should try it as a spot cleaner instead of just in each load.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    @mom2boxers‌ I've just recently started putting oxiclean powder in my wash, but maybe I should try it as a spot cleaner instead of just in each load.
    I've never tried the Oxi powder. We use the unscented Tide detergent and Downey fabric softener. I sometimes add some color-safe bleach to the wash.

Well so far the oxiclean doesn't do much for stains, but there are instructions for making a stain remover concentrated mix on the package so I might try that to keep in a little spray bottle.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"