May 2014 Moms

UO 8/28/14

I swear some of the birth months have 14 pages already. M14 I think we need to step it up.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: UO 8/28/14

• Loading the player...
  • I hate the stick figures on cars too.  

I don't mind the Baby on Board stickers on cars, but it seems like those people who have them are always driving more reckless than other drivers.  WTF?  Shouldn't you be driving more carefully?
  • Nikkidoll15Nikkidoll15 member
    edited August 2014
    I second the baby on board stickers. I swear they are the first to cut me off on the freeway!

The stick figures are just pointless and dumb looking.

I judge the shit out of a friend of mine who is always sending me links and articles to read about "organic and all natural baby health" she tried to tell me the sheets I use are a SIDS risk because they are not organic cotton and that I should consider organic cotton clothing for Chloe because it's healthier for them. She also proceeds to send me all organic baby food making strategies... She is constantly in my face about the health of my baby and how immunizations are TOXIC. The only part I don't understand is she formula feeds. How are you 100% organic and judging my every move as a parent then? FFS I have battled through some tough issues to breastfeed. I am not saying formula is bad and I am all about doing what's best for you but seriously get off my case about what I eat, how I dress my kid and what she sleeps on if you are going against your own beliefs!

And seriously, who cares how friggin crunchy you are??

Also, I hate the people who tell ME how easy I've had it with breastfeeding. I want to stab them in the eye! It has not even came close to easy but I have powered theough, give me some damn credit because that shit is hard!

Edit: because I added some shizz
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bunannie said:
    I don't know how anyone gets by with anything smaller than a 3-row SUV. Car seats are SO BIG NOW and even when I had the Equinox it was a crunch to fit the Britax convertible in, let alone add a husband and a dog. I'm all for conserving wherever you can, but after getting rid of a gas-guzzling Trailblazer I've now returned with Pilot because my comfort and my kid's safety and my husband's sanity and room for my dog have come before my love of the ozone layer. SBT :( ps. I hate minivans so that wasn't even an option. 
    Not a 3 Row - but I LOVE my Subaru Outback! We bought it in June and it fits all of us and the dog :)

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @bunannie‌, I admit I never wanted an SUV until having a baby. Getting the stroller in the trunk is a pain. But I love my civic too much to give it up right now. I'm sure I'll cave eventually!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bunannie said:
    @lrmrtn I'm jealous.. I had 24/32 with my Equinox and now I'm back to 17/24 but I feel 1000% more comfortable now. We tried to put our carseat in my husband's Prius and basically, you had to scoot the passenger seat all the way forward to the dash to fit it with enough space between the back of the seat and the back of the carseat :(:(:( 
    @bunannie - a) you changed your sn! b) Are we the same person? My DH drives a Prius too. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• I'm kinda bummed we scared all the crazies off. No one to make our UO an actual UO.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Obviously in another three to four months.
    ltay1982 said:

I'm not doing baby led weaning. Bring on the puréed peas!

• I don't hate pumping. It earns me 3 guilt free breaks a day, which I'm grateful for bc I know a lot of people have a hard time fitting pumping in while working. I'm just thankful I have a good enough supply that I can feed my baby breastmilk, since he's not the greatest nurser either. But washing those pump parts/bottles?? I do hate that.
  • I'm all for prep, but I draw the line at men without socks and their loafers. It's just gross. Also, men, if you are going to wear flip-flops or sandals or whatever, DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR HOBBIT FEET. Nobody needs to see your gnarly toenails and hair toes. It's just nasty. 

DH needs to read this. The man would wear flip flops to the office if he could. I make him trim his toe hairs every once in awhile. He has ugly big toes too and sadly DD got his feet. Can already tell
  • jenb_99 said:
    I think cilantro is disgusting. Them are fightin' words here in Texas.
    Same here.  Its the reason I don't eat at Chipotle.  I would probably like their food if they had plain rice.  
  • bazingaabazingaa member
    edited August 2014
    I don't want to see another post about sleeping. Why isn't my baby sleeping? Is my baby getting enough sleep? What time should it go to bed? How many times does it wake up in the MOTN? On and on and on. Good lord, can we talk about something else?!

Eta for typo
      BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Poblockquote class="Quote" rel="Megan43040">I don't want to see another post about sleeping. Why isn't my baby sleeping? Is my baby getting enough sleep? What time should it go to bed? How many times does it wake up in the MOTN? On and on and on. Good lord, can we talk about something else?!

Eta for typo

Same goes for eating posts. Is my baby eating enough? Too much? How much does your baby eat? He won't take a bottle at daycare...if you're that concerned, ask your pedi.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • bunannie said:

@lrmrtn omg I didn't even think about the stroller! hahaha, bless you :D we have a jj cole broadway and i couldn't hardly fit that in the back of the equinox! 

I drive a Volkswagen Jetta, stroller takes up the whole trunk!
  • FlemDance said:

@MK1013 PREACH! DH has a Harley and I nag at him to NOT be one of those douchers.

My UO: I despise my new mom boobs. I HATE that they're huge and I miss my B cups. I have so many shirts that I can't wear because of my new chest, and I really don't want to have to buy more clothes to accommodate them.

Me too with the boobs, except I've gone from C to DD. Too big.
    DD to F but 34 band size. Hate the giant boobs!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Not sure if you're talking about the same thing, but i HATE the family stick figures on the back of cars. I also hate the "My kid is an honor student at ________ school". Stupid. 

I read that those stick figure families on cars actually attract thieves. They tell how many ppl in the family, sports, whether mom and/or dad works outside of home, dogs, cats, etc to help them know when you might not be home so they can steal their sh*t. And not going to lie, I feel like those ppl who need to showcase their stick family on their car and brag about their "honor student" (who is most likely a stoner) deserve to be robbed.
  • bunannie said:

I don't know how anyone gets by with anything smaller than a 3-row SUV. Car seats are SO BIG NOW and even when I had the Equinox it was a crunch to fit the Britax convertible in, let alone add a husband and a dog. I'm all for conserving wherever you can, but after getting rid of a gas-guzzling Trailblazer I've now returned with Pilot because my comfort and my kid's safety and my husband's sanity and room for my dog have come before my love of the ozone layer. SBT :( ps. I hate minivans so that wasn't even an option. 

Agreed. I feel like such a stereotypical suburban mom in my small SUV with my chubby baby, dog, and giant stroller.
    This makes me want to move back into the city.
  • jenb_99jenb_99 member
    edited August 2014
    lrmrtn said:

Poblockquote class="Quote" rel="Megan43040">I don't want to see another post about sleeping. Why isn't my baby sleeping? Is my baby getting enough sleep? What time should it go to bed? How many times does it wake up in the MOTN? On and on and on. Good lord, can we talk about something else?!

Eta for typo
    Same goes for eating posts. Is my baby eating enough? Too much? How much does your baby eat? He won't take a bottle at daycare...if you're that concerned, ask your pedi.

------mobile quote box fail-----

Well....shoot. I actually have a feeding question and now I'm afraid to ask it.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• MK1013 said:
    I'll watch out for motorcycles, but dammit, you watch out for me, too! On more occasions than I can count I've been cut off by motorcycles, they've passed me, then decided to go 55 in a 65, weaving in and out of cars.. I get a little sick of some motorcyclists higher than mighty attitudes on the road. Some dude this weekend was honestly attempting suicide on the freeway, had to be by the way he was driving!
    1000x this. Today I was driving in a 50 and these two bikes came behind me. I saw them in my rear and saw how fast they were going. The one came so close to the back of my car I thought for sure he didn't see me some how and heart stopped! He flys past me, he had to have been going at least 90. I FELT him pass and it was so fast he was just gone after that. He had a girl on the back and neither of them were wearing helmets.

It's a BOY

• Ok, mine. I find the "I drink from the tap" with the crossed out bottles are really insulting to moms who bottle feed. I would really like to know exactly what is wrong with bottle feeding? And I ebf up until just a few days ago, but I have also used a bottle on and off the whole time

It's a BOY

• EmmagkEmmagk member
    edited August 2014
    JKBMA2014 said:

Ok, mine. I find the "I drink from the tap" with the crossed out bottles are really insulting to moms who bottle feed. I would really like to know exactly what is wrong with bottle feeding? And I ebf up until just a few days ago, but I have also used a bottle on and off the whole time

I'd assume that was more a comment on drinking bottled water and the environmental impact it has.

ETA to add info on the impact of bottled water https://thewaterproject.org/bottled_water_wasteful
  • 1- I hate that other Mom friends seem to do nothing but complain about their babies. Every once in a while to vent is fine, but every damn day is too much. Then they complain they are getting unsolicited advice once they post the first complaint.

2- One of those friends seems way too into pleasing her DH. She NEVER asks him to help out with the baby. She's a SAHM like me, and all her complaints could be made better if her damn DH helped out a bit. But she actually told me that she doesn't ask him, that he works so he needs to rest. Well so do you, lady!!!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • adventurebarbie said: UO: My LO sucks her thumb and I think it's adorable. 

This. And I actually prefer it to the paci... 
  • JKBMA2014 said:
    Ok, mine. I find the "I drink from the tap" with the crossed out bottles are really insulting to moms who bottle feed. I would really like to know exactly what is wrong with bottle feeding? And I ebf up until just a few days ago, but I have also used a bottle on and off the whole time

Ok now I feel dumb, my company put up posters a while ago with this slogan and no bottle pic when they were trying to get us all to stop bringing bottled water. They must have edited the image to a water bottle. I just saw the baby bottle version and yeah that's just insulting.
  • I think poutine is overrated. Ketchup chips are my jam.

So Canadian it warms my cold heart!! I used to soooooo love ketchup chips but I have found that companies have changed the spice recipe in recent years and I no longer like them. Lays can bite me! I loved Humpty Dumpty ketchup and they took them off the market. Such a sad Canadian gal!
    And I'm not even Canadian!! I brought back a few bags of Old Dutch ketchup chips last weekend. We were in Whistler. So good! And Lays in general are just bad. Why did they make a cappuccino flavored chip? Eww!
    Yes WTH cappuccino chip, I don't want my chips to taste like things I want to have at breakfast!
  • cayceleecaycelee member
    edited August 2014
    MK1013 said:

I'll watch out for motorcycles, but dammit, you watch out for me, too! On more occasions than I can count I've been cut off by motorcycles, they've passed me, then decided to go 55 in a 65, weaving in and out of cars.. I get a little sick of some motorcyclists higher than mighty attitudes on the road.

Some dude this weekend was honestly attempting suicide on the freeway, had to be by the way he was driving!

Motorcycles drive me crazy!
    We have the oldest windows in the world and live on a busy street so hearing a motorcycle drives me up a wall. Add a baby to the mix and they startle him every damn time! Getting new windows in a month and I CANNOT wait!
    Also my BF is up my ass about doing things together with kids now that I have one...no I don't think my baby will have a interest in baking cookies and decorating them this Christmas just because you have a 4 yo mine will not be eating any this year either! She's all about making memoirs and I'm just not like that...her mom tags along everywhere they go and I just don't care to be bothered. There are things that I want to do with just my family and my mom as well. All set going places with a posse. Now I feel terrible bitching...

Edited to add the boobs...no shirts fit either, and I still sport my belly pouch so I'm limited with clothes and refuse to go broke buying new ones.

• I didn't mean to scare people off from asking feeding questions! I just don't like the comparative " how much does your baby eat? Mine eats X, is that normal? " type questions. Every baby is different. Mine is a pig. :D I also think certain questions are best for your pedi.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hate pumpkin spice everything. Pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin spice candles, pumpkin flavored cookies or pies.... GAG. I do not get excited for Fall/football season bc that means winter is coming.

I'm also pissed that I'm home sick and Hoda and Kathy Lee is a re-run of an episode I saw on mat leave. I never thought the Today show would do reruns.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"