Cloth Diapering
Options

Newborn Stash Question

After lurking on here for a few months I've put together a newborn supply list. Anything you would add or change? Will this be enough for EOD washing?

24 GMD newborn prefolds
6 GMD workhorses
8 Thirsties size 1 covers
Accessories: Wet bags, snappis, pail liners, grandma el's

Re: Newborn Stash Question

• Options
    The Thirsties size ones don't fit every baby right away. We used them from the beginning with no issue, and A was born at almost 8 pounds.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    At least 36 changes is recommended for EOD washing. So, 6 more of something -- could be prefolds, workhorses, flats, whatever.

Are you doing cloth wipes?

Grandma El's is great but I would save it for the more stubborn rashes/redness. It might be nice to have something like CJ's or Magic Stick or EMAB handy, too.

Do you know what detergent you are planning to use?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use all free and clear currently, will probably pick up original Tide for the diapers.

How many wipes do you recommend? I will most likely make those myself.
  • Options
    Basically what the others said about a few more changes and potentially some smaller covers. I'd get more workhorses if you want to stay frugal. I loved those. I also liked having a few AIO's (blueberry simplex) for the diaper bag. Also CJ's. 
  • Options
    I would recommend having a few different style covers. Turned out that I hated our Thirsties, but loved Rumparooz nb, Flip, Bummis super brites, and Best Bottoms.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've actually been okay with just 36 wipes. But I agree, you can't have too many.
  • Options
    I agree with the others. Get a few different covers. Rumparooz NB, blueberry coveralls, Bummis, etc.

I'd start with 3 dozen wipes, you will go through them quickly, but you'll also be washing regularly.

And 36 is recommended, but I did fine with 24 (my pure and naturals didn't fit well at birth). You just need to wash more often.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your replies. This is really helpful!
  • Options
    I just had a 5lb 14oz baby. My thirsties no where near fit 11 days after. Also do not get econobum nb. They are the worst! I just threw the 2 I bought out because I would feel so bad selling them to anyone!
  • Options
    Is it the general consensus that blueberry NB covers are the smallest?
  • Options
    I think Bummis Super Brite size NB and Sweet Pea NB are smaller than Blueberry. They probably won't fit as long as Blueberry though.

image imageimageimage

• Options
    Proraps and Imse Vimse both have preemie and NB sizes. I'm not sure how the NB sizes compare to other brands, though. I do remember that we had an NB Prorap in our diaper trial and he outgrew it before the Thirsties size 1 and Bummis Super Brite.
  • Options
    I liked my rar covers for ds. He was 7-1 at birth and he wore then to about 13-14 pounds or 12 weeks ish.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"