April 2015 Moms
Options

How will you announce your pregnancy?

Husband and I would like to announce our pregnancy in a creative way
need ideas... Thinking first we'll tell both parents after first ultrasound and then announce it via social media.

How will you announce your pregnancy to family and friends?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How will you announce your pregnancy?

• Options
    This may not be helpful to you, but we are just going to put DS in a big brother shirt at his 1 year birthday party. That will be mid October, so right around 3 months. As for social media, I don't know. I never announced with DS, so I may stay mum about this one too.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DS in a big brother shirt at his 1 year birthday party.

I absolutely love these subtle sweet announcements~
    J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've already told parents and siblings. The rest of the family will know after todays ultrasound. And social media... hmm... I only do instagram and it's mostly family so we will probably wait until closer to 11/12 weeks. I plan to put the ultrasound picture in DS back pocket and take a pic of him from behind. I saw it on Pinterest and it was really cute. Or I'll just take a pic of him looking at the u/s pic. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    We're announcing to the ILs today with children's books that I got them.  MIL get the Little Critter's book, "Just Grandma and Me" and FIL is getting "I Love You Grandpa".  They're wrapped up with a poem on the cover. 

For my parents, I couldn't wait to see them in person (they live out of state).  I called them on the home phone and sent a text of my positive tests to my mom while we were talking.  

As for the rest of the world, we're telling close friends in person when we see them and will announce to the FB world using a fall picture mid october. 

Dating 3.14.04
    Engaged 3.13.10
    Married 6.25.11
    EDD 4.15.15

"All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We are waiting till after first ultra sound (9/9). We will call our parents as they live far away. Dh and I were talkig last night getting hard to lie at this point when they ask things like "what's new?".

We will tell our friends after that as we see them. My plan to tell our gym friends is on 9/10 I'll wear a shirt that says "every wod is a team wod" with hand prints on the stomach that afternoon to gym and to dinner. We have what we call "family dinner" every Wednesday night so works out.

I won't go public on social media till mid-October.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Jan Siggy Challenge: April 2015

image  image

Started dating: 7/4/00
    Married: 6/9/07
    TTC #1: 7/14
    BFP: 8/9/14

• Options
    I'm waiting to announce it until the second trimester. We will probably take some fun pictures and make post cards for our friends and family that don't yet know. Our parents already know they asked and I can't lie...
  • Options
    With my second I had my son wear a Big Brother shirt. It was cute. With this one, I'm taking a pic having my boys read "What to Expect When You're Expecting" but I'm photoshopping it to say "What to Expect When Your Mom is Expecting #3." And posting it.
  • Options
    With our first we told our parent's on Father's day with "Grandpa" cards prior to our loss. This time I had been struggling with my blood sugar and really sick so we just kind of told our parents. I have been toying around with the three pairs of shoes picture because those are always cute and I think baby shoes are adorable. I was also considering buying a baby rattle or keys and showing people what I got MH as a belated birthday gift because I will only be 7 weeks on his birthday and we aren't considering telling anyone else until at least our first US at almost 9 weeks.

Me: 27 MH: 36

BFP #1: 5/26/2014 EDD:2/1/2015, MC: 6/16/2014

BFP#2 8/14/2014 Saw baby & HB of 166 9/16/2014, Saw baby 12/11/2014 and stayed Team Green EDD: 4/23/2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We are getting a pair of freshly picked mocassins in the small size for my daughter to hold while she sits next to a pumpkin with big sister written on it!! We go a little overboard in our house...for our first child we made cupcakes for a family dinner and put everyone's new names on it, such as Auntie, Grandma, Daddy...we even got our dog involved with a special bone cookie!
  • Options
    We probably won't, honestly. We'll tell who needs to know, maybe a few friends, but no announcement. I will release some Preg-o-saurus RAGE on anyone who says something negative to us about it, or says "You know what causes that, right?"... of course we know what causes it, maybe people who say that should do that more often so they won't have so much pent up frustration where they feel the need to say something like that... I've already told one very close friend and another close friend that I don't live near anymore, just because I was going to lose my mind keeping it secret haha

I like photo-announcements for pregnancy announcements or gender reveal.

A friend of mine and her husband were both big gamers, and they were going to have me do a photo of their controllers plus one, and sparing you the details it was going to be cute, but they ended up letting the cat out of the bag early because she fainted (stood up too fast, landed on her butt on the couch, totally fine) at her mom's, and if she hadn't told her, she would have lost her freaking mind calling 911 and all that jazz. Since they were planning the photos more for her mom than anymore, the sentiment was gone...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Fall themed announcement most likely, still deciding :)
  • Options
    With #1 we gave my MIL, "adopted" mom and my mum all copies of the scan in their mothers day cards(that happened to be right around our 12 week mark, so it was comfortable for us to announce then.)  We then posted the same scan on Facebook….many of my friends knew by then!LOL

With this one?  Not sure!  We might steal the "tiny time lord" and "future companion" shirt idea(LOVE THAT, ScarletOflaherty!)  We will be staying team green…so we will probably announce to book when we announce to my family and our "adopted" family(we no longer have contact with the inlays, so don't have to worry about dealing with them!LOL)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It was both of our moms' bdays in mid August so we got them cards and signed them "Love daughter, son, and baby". My mom got it right away and his mom was kind of duh.

For my BFF, who is pregnant currently and delivering next week, I got her a cupcake that with a pick that said BFF's on one side and the other side said "Deacon and Baby V, April 2015"

For a public announcement, I planned on wearing a shirt that says "We're Hungry" with a heart on the tummy part and me chowing down on something like In &Out
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    We didn't do anything cutesy, just "I'm pregnant" to family and friends. And I am not announcing on fb.
    Tied the knot 2007 | Baby #1 2012 | Baby #2 2013 | Baby #3 EDD 4/2015
  • Options
    LOL @jmva2014

I still don't know how to announce it to anyone... I kind of blurted it out to my boss because i was out 2 days this week and last week....

December Challenge Ugly Xmas Sweaters 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I do love the fall idea as well !
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We had gotten copies of The Grandparent Handbook last time around and were planning on giving it to both sets at Christmas. We'll be seeing both parents the weekend of 9/12, so we'll gift wrap the books and give it to them. My parents don't have any grandchildren and have been desperately wanting one for a decade or so.

In terms of telling the world, I don't know, but I'm now considering @snegde's idea.
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    With our first I made a little shirt for our shih tzu to wear that said big brother and we brought him over to our inlaws. I took them forever to get it. Dense ones over there, smh.

This time, i'm not sure what to do. My mom, and 2 close friends know so far but that's it.

My birthday is sept. 17th so I was thinking of doing something like opening a present with the U/S inside it and having my husband take a picture..not sure, but that could be our social media reveal.

For the inlaws this time, I think we'll just tell them.  As I said, they are pretty dense..and this time i'm not sure they will be so happy for us.
  • Options
    We have our 1st appt on 9/5. DH's bday is 9/4 & mine is 9/7. So we're going to take a couple photos of us opening  a present and have the ultrasound pic inside. then when we post we'll add "Best. Birthday. Ever."
    it's cheesy, but cute & fun.
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    snegde said:

Some people already know but I am toying with the idea of going public about this pregnancy and my history on Pregnancy and Infant Loss awareness day on October 15th. 

I think that's so sweet and beautiful. And a big thing to let the world in like that. I can't wait to hear and see it!

***Fall: Football, weather, decorations, and Thanksgiving!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic <a href="http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/laurieheath/?action=view
  • Options
    I have seen some say that they are announcing on Grandparents Day, which I thought was a great idea since it will be after I have my first appointment. I think I am going to get grandparents picture frames and either type a letter saying "Coming April 2015 or I will see if I have copies of the u/s to insert" After the parents and grandparents know then I want to use my horses to do an announcement. Have a little sign or something saying "My new rider due on April 2015" It is kind of hard for me to do the horse once before since my horses stay at my grandparents.

BFP: 08.11.14   EDD: 04.11.15
    IT'S A GIRL!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    inawe07 said:

We're taking a pic of DD with a tin can phone line. Me holding one end or her of she will work with it to my belly and her listening on the other end. I wanted it simple and subtle. 

I saw this on Pinterest. They have so many cute ideas. We haven't decided yet. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'd like to wait until October and do a big sister pumpkin for DD and a baby bro/sis pumpkin with her sitting next to/or holding them. I'm hoping to take advantage of finding out at about 16wks like we did with DD. But I love the fall ideas.
    ***Fall: Football, weather, decorations, and Thanksgiving!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic <a href="http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/laurieheath/?action=view
  • Options
    we have already told parents and siblings. everyone else will have to wait until october. i was planning on doing something along these lines since we have two girls already...

This made me tear up, lol. Darn pregnancy hormones! :P Cute idea though, I love it!
  • Options

We already announced to our parents and a couple of very close friends with onesies that say "Special Delivery Coming in May 2015" (with an EDD of April 30th, I want to avoid questions of "have you had the baby yet?")

As far as the public announcement - we have a photo shoot scheduled. I really like the three pairs of shoes photos. I also like the idea of having our dog with a sign that says "Mom and Dad are making me a human". Also, I think incorporating the onesies we used to tell our parents into the shoot would be cute too as well as the ultrasound pic that I hope to get in a couple of weeks at the 7 week ultrasound.

Our 1 year anniversary is coming up at the end of September and I think that would be a really fun day to announce with a photo from the shoot. We will only be 9 weeks and 3 days at that point though, so I am not sure...

Me: 25, DH: 28, Baby #1 Due: April 30, 2015

Team BLUE!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I think my mom will know pretty soon...I'll just blurt it out. As far as the whole family-fall theme, maybe the shoes. Super cute. My MIL is on FB 24/7 and she is nuts so It's sad I have to remind her to NOT post anything. I also like the birthday idea-I'll be 26 on 9/2. I will not be announcing on Facebook. I might actually delete it if I didn't have so much family out of state.
  • Options
    We will probably make a Halloween card announcing this pregnancy. We did a Christmas Card announcing our son, so it kid of stays in line with what we already did. 

Just a thought, 

Grandparents day is next Sunday, Sept 8th. It could be fun to send/bring  the to-be-grandparents flowers or something saying Happy Grandparent's Day and see if they put the pieces together. 

• Options
    We will tell family after my US on sept 9. We won't make it public until our wedding anniversary November 28. We will be back where we got married (Marco Island FL) we will get pictures taken at the same place as our beach wedding. Not sure on the exact wording yet, but it will be an extra special way for us to celebrate our anniversary.
  • Options
    Photo session . Bought some baby TOMS..doing the shoe pic for sure.
  • Options
    I also got some childrens books for the Grandparents to Be. I wrote a little note inside from Baby and inserted a picture of the ultrasound under the note. Most of them didn't really get it until they opened up the book to the first page. I really wished I would have recorded their reactions. This is our first child and they were not expecting it at all! We totally caught them off guard!

As for social media, USC Trojan blood runs deep in our family so we're thinking of heading down to campus and taking some pictures holding up a baby USC jersey/onsie. 

April '15 Siggy Challenge: Most Missed Item During Pregnancy

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are going to tell our parents at our sons 5th birthday on the 6th. Want to tell them all together. We are going to have them all take a pic with our son and have him say, mommies having a baby and snap the picture! In the past we have just called them. I think it will be fun to see their reaction and everyone elses.

I'll post to FB when we find out the sex of the baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"