September 2012 Moms

UO, yes?

2»

Re: UO, yes?

• I had a potential customer fly in to IN from Cali. He could not believe a couple of our guys concealed carried to dinner (he only knew bc he asked). He said it was barbaric and aggressively quizzed them with bullshit rude questions. Eta: have you seen the murder rate in Indy lately? It's bad. Fast forward to last night. We're at a dinner in Texas, 22 Texans with our group. He asked the same question. 20 were carrying, including six women. The dude but his tongue that time. Wise decision man purse dude.
    this blows my mind. that so many are carrying, but also that a high murder rate is used as an explanation for why so many are carrying. i'm just not cool with any of that, but maybe that's my canadian coming out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • On the subject of scheduling appointments...the dermatologist I work for has a fantastic schedule.  My UO is about the patients.  I side eye you if you act like your kid missing the first or last hour of school is going to be the worst thing evar, and get stuffy when all the late afternoon appointment are booking into the end of the following month.  Everyday I have handfuls of parents wanting to get their kids in to see the derm before school starts ( which is next Tuesday) for issues they've been dealing with over the summer.  I realize there are some exceptions, but seriously folks.  I seriously could not care less if I had to pull my kid for an appointment.  If he needs seen, he needs seen.  He'll make up the school work later. 
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • Loading the player...

• I had a potential customer fly in to IN from Cali. He could not believe a couple of our guys concealed carried to dinner (he only knew bc he asked). He said it was barbaric and aggressively quizzed them with bullshit rude questions. Eta: have you seen the murder rate in Indy lately? It's bad.

Fast forward to last night. We're at a dinner in Texas, 22 Texans with our group. He asked the same question. 20 were carrying, including six women. The dude but his tongue that time. Wise decision man purse dude.

this blows my mind. that so many are carrying, but also that a high murder rate is used as an explanation for why so many are carrying. i'm just not cool with any of that, but maybe that's my canadian coming out.

I don't think people are carrying because of a high murder rate. However if you regularly carry, you may or may not not carry to a Tuesday lunch down the street from the office, but you would to a late night dinner in a city where people are getting mugged and murdered.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • MRoxy0628 said:
    melody921 said:
    Waiting for a pediatrician over an hour past your appointment time is unacceptable.  This goes doubly for when they have you in the exam room the whole time, without toys or books and with a sick baby and stir crazy toddler. 

Pharmacies should never run out of syringes.  I had to look up conversions to figure out how to give the baby her amoxicillin dose using the only kind of syringe dropper they had left.

This was ultimately what made me switch pedis. Their hours sucked and then after I'd arrange to leave work early or go in late, they'd make us wait so long past our appointment time. It's a business, people, try to stick to the times.
    Yeah I'm considering it very seriously after today.  Appointment was at 9:45, and the doctor came in after 11.  I've been really happy with all three doctors at the practice, and their location just got more convenient, but I just can't see going through wait times like that again.
    Did they have a reason? It would annoy me too. Maybe something serious came up?
    Overbooking was basically their reason.  They said they were swamped today with sick visits on top of well child visits.  So, no emergency.  Sounds to me like they have too few doctors for their patient load, and there's no reason it won't happen again.  I have well visits for both girls scheduled already for beginning of sept, so I'll probably have to pray for better luck then, and switch after.
  • watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited August 2014
    harti09 said:
    I feel safer living in a community where most homes have guns (mostly military,) than I would living in a gun-free community.  I trust our neighbors, and I feel like nobody on our street will ever get robbed.
    I live in a similar neighborhood. I feel very safe. We used to live in another place where many owned guns as well, however it was a rough community. I did not feel safe. We kept the doors locked during the day while home. We, and many in the neighborhood were still robbed. The robbers always cleaned the houses of any guns they could find. It's what they went in looking for. 

I think it's more about the people in the community than the guns, but I get what you mean.
    DH lived in a rough neighborhood like that for a while, after we were married but before we were stationed together or living together.  He didn't keep a gun there because he figured it would be the most robbable item if he did.  When I visited, he wouldn't let me be by myself in the apartment either. 

Which I guess just goes back to the whole "guns aren't the problem, the criminals are" stance.  I feel like gun laws are limited in effectiveness if the people they aim to control aren't following the laws to begin with.   

ETA: I will say I'd feel less safe if I were living in a neighborhood that advertised itself as being gun-free. 
  • BobKat22 said:
    BobKat22 said:
    I know my next door neighbor has a lot of guns. Automatic ones too. That scares me. My mom's husband came home to a bullet hole through his garage door, through a few other walls, and then through his daughters head board. Because his neighbor was cleaning his gun and it went off. Which means it went through his walls first and then across the street. Scary!
    Well the neighbor is an idiot then. Who cleans a gun while loaded?
    No kidding. At least the neighbor said he was cleaning his gun... Who knows what the truth is.
    Yikes.  I can't imagine seeing a bullethole through my child's headboard.  WTF?
  • jenndub said:

jessk86 said:

I used this on A'15 too, but I don't like Led Zeppelin. I find their music annoying.

Me too!! This drives H crazy. Every. time. we hear. a LZ song he feels like he needs to debate me/change my mind about why I don't like them. I just don't, Man!

This hurts me. I love Zeppelin. You don't even like Thank You?! That's one of my favorite songs ever. I want you to love them like I do! Btw, someone told me that hated all of Britney Spears songs the other day and I totally thought they were lying.

My heart sank when I read that. I am mega Britney fan! It has been a while since I've listened to more than the first 3 seconds of a led zeppelin song. I will listen to a few with an open mind for you @jenndub‌! I'll report back tomorrow

• FlamingemuFlamingemu member
    edited August 2014
    See pumpkin beer I can do this early because it's cold, but PSL is only good hot, so I need it to be cooler than 80* out before I can thoroughly enjoy one. Today it's like 68 so I might get one before work since the AC is always blasting!

_________
    I hate pumpkin beer and pumpkin spice lattes, but love pumpkin in all food items. 

Coffee is good all year round at all times of the day. The temperature has no bearing on coffee drinking. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • See pumpkin beer I can do this early because it's cold, but PSL is only good hot, so I need it to be cooler than 80* out before I can thoroughly enjoy one. Today it's like 68 so I might get one before work since the AC is always blasting!

_________
    I hate pumpkin beer and pumpkin spice lattes, but love pumpkin in all food items. 

Coffee is good all year round at all times of the day. The temperature has no bearing on coffee drinking. 
    Amen.

• Pokedot said:
    I don't like any type of tea. Hot, sweet, green, lemon, iced. Any of it. It's like what I imagine pee in a cup tasting like and no I haven't had pee in a cup. Blah!
    No iced tea?! @-)
    Sorry late to the game. I was out yesterday afternoon. Yes all tea. I can't stand the taste whatsoever. Yuck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"