May 2014 Moms

First cold

Pretty sure LO has his first cold thanks to my husband. I am realizing I have no idea what to do for him. Obviously Tylenol if a fever but what else can I do to help him get through it? We have a humidifier but I honestly don't know when I'm supposed to use it.

He feels warm ( going to temp him when he's done nursing) and stuffed up sniffly nose and just seems overall not happy. A cough last night too that sounded more "wet".

Re: First cold

• Humidifier will help congestion. Ask your dr because I don't remember the age but baby Vicks on the feet with socks on. Other than that lots of booger sucking and snuggles.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• Nose Frida and humidifier at night is what we did for our cold. After a week of it not getting better, I took him in to make sure it was nothing more than a cold (it wasn't) and they gave us something for his congestion. Took about 2-3 weeks but it's finally clearing up now.
  • Loading the player...
  • We've been battling our first cold as well. The dr suggested the humidifier, Vicks rub on feet and chest, nose sucker, and keeping up right. She suggested sleeping in the bounce seat or car seat but I couldn't do it. We put a pillow under the one side of the crib mattress to prop it up a little. Also, day 4 is the worst and to bring her in if she gets a fever. We are on the mend after following all that for two days. We are still a little stuffy but she said we will probably stay stuffy bc of daycare. Hope LO feels better soon!
  • We are dealing with this and also pink eye. Tons of fun over here.

But basically just the humidifier, aspirator, saline spray and lots of boogie wipes. He just has a super stopped up nose with lots of mucus. The pink eye seems to make that worse too.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• DS and I were at the doctor for his first cold yesterday, because he was getting eye drainage. They have me spraying baby nose spray in his nose to clear things out, and just lots of snuggles until he feels better. Hope your little one feels better soon. 

• My LO had what I thought was just a cold last week which ended up being an ear infection. He never had a fever and didn't ever pull on his ear. He had to take amoxicillin for a week. He slept in a rock and play for 1 night and throughout the day, but then we propped up his mattress with one of my textbooks to help with his breathing. He is doing much better now. He still has a cough and sneezes at times, but she said that could last up to 4 weeks. I hated seeing him feel sick.
  • ns1ns1 member
    What everyone else said.  We put the mattress on an incline (just raise one side of the crib mattress and not the other), use saline and nose frida (or snot sucker), and run the humidifier at night and sometimes naptime.  You can also put LO in the bathroom in a bouncy seat or something when you take a hot shower to help the nose clear up.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"