Trouble TTC

Lupron question

I'm going in for my 1st Lupron injection tomorrow.  I'll be getting 2 of them (1 month apart) before my fibroid surgery to shrink them in order to make the surgery quicker and with a better recovery.  Feeling a little nervous since I haven't done this med before!!  I know many of you have experience with it since it's used before IVF.  What kinds of side effects did you experience?  And anything to watch out for with it?  Thanks in advance!
**Formerly EastBayBride508**

Me 34   Him 33

Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion  and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)

Married 8/20/2011
TTC #1 since Jan 2013
First appointment with RE 10/2013.  
April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7.  HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group.  Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8.  HCG shot CD14.  IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7.  Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM.  IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one.  Super freak out mode over surgery plan.  OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy.  Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!  
November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found).  Benched x 3 months

PAIF/SAIF welcome

Re: Lupron question

• Headache, I hate everyone (moody), hot flashes, vivid dreams, feeling tight in my chest (anxiety). I've been on lupron since 7-12. I started out at 20 units and switched to 10 units on 8-13. 20 units is 1mg of the lupron. Are you taking the lupron depot? I think that may be a little different. Some people have no side effects, and hopefully you are one of those.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • ***SIGGY WARNING ***

I did 6 months of Lupron for treatment of endometriosis and adenomyosis. I had some headaches -- that seems to be one of the most complained about side effects.  The hot flashes kind of suck too.  It basically puts your body into a medically induced menopause so any of the side effects you hear about menopause you could experience with Lupron.  With shorter IVF protocols most people don't get most of them.  But since you will be on it for 2 months you might see more things like hot flashes.  My advice is to STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE!  There are a million scary stories about Lupron that will freak you out!  I didn't have any really bad problems with it. 

Good luck!  If you have any specific questions about my experience with it, you are welcome to PM about it!   

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!  I just went into the injection clinic and got the shot (on my hip).  The shot itself was painless but we'll have to wait and see about the side effects.  It was ordered by the OB-GYN who will be doing my lap myomectomy and she told me that the side effects should be much less if I get the shot while I'm on my period.  Today was CD1 for me so ....fingers crossed it should be OK!

@Buttmonkey34 - Super good luck vibes for IVF #2!  I hope you feel OK with the Lupron.  Keep us posted  :)

@Pintobean39 - I am taking the depot.  I got a 3.75mg shot today (to be repeated in 1 month).  Here's hoping I am one of the lucky ones who gets no (or very few) side effects!

@ttuprincess - Thanks!  I will definitely PM you if any questions come up  :)  Congrats on Team Pink  <3  
    **Formerly EastBayBride508**

Me 34   Him 33

Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion  and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
    Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)

Married 8/20/2011
    TTC #1 since Jan 2013
    First appointment with RE 10/2013.  
    April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7.  HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
    May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group.  Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
    June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8.  HCG shot CD14.  IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7.  Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM.  IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
    July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
    August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one.  Super freak out mode over surgery plan.  OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
    August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy.  Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!  
    November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found).  Benched x 3 months

PAIF/SAIF welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"