July 2014 Moms

Netflix

ChrisBChrisB member
edited August 2014 in July 2014 Moms
I'm definitely watching more TV now than I ever have. THANK YOU Netflix!
Off the top of my head, these are the shows I have on the go:

Orange is the new black
Suits
House
Weeds
Lost 
The Killing

Waiting for more episodes:
The Glades 
Breaking Bad
Homeland 

What Netflix shows are you hooked on??

Re: Netflix

• I'm currently hooked on parenthood. DH's aunt told me about it, and there's 5 seasons on netflix, so that's great. I watched all 2 seasons of house of cards, loved it! I'm also currently watching the every Simpsons ever marathon.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I watched all of mad men and orange is the new black while pregnant and am currently watching the l word with breaking bad lined up tho be next
    image.
  • I'm currently hooked on parenthood. DH's aunt told me about it, and there's 5 seasons on netflix, so that's great. I watched all 2 seasons of house of cards, loved it! I'm also currently watching the every Simpsons ever marathon.

Is the 5th season on there now? I watched the first 4 and then cancled it because nothing else was appealing to me.but I'd totally resubscribe for season 5!
  • KnbhKnbh member
    I loooove The Walking Dead and am watching it again. I also really liked Breaking Bad during the day and Family Guy during MTN feedings.
  • On netflix I am currently watching Orange is the new black. I finished Hemlock Grove. I also started The Following.
  • Supernatural is my favorite @MSUDucks‌!! I'm saving Scandal for next. I also watched all of 24 (but that might've been on amazon prime?)

@Aab7114‌ , how was Hemlock Grove?

• Sons of Anarchy
    House of Cards
    OITNB

• I'm currently watching all the seasons of Grey's Anatomy. Since DD doesn't nap without being held during the day, I'm making quick progress.
    Netflix is currently keeping me from going totally stir crazy on days we don't make it out.

• tourqeyes said:
    Sons of Anarchy
    House of Cards
    OITNB
    What a let down! I got so excited when I saw Sons of Anarchy was on Netflix but I searched for it and I guess it's not available in Canada. We watched up to Season 4 or 5 I think but it's been so long since we've watched it that we wanted to start from the beginning. 
  • I'm currently watching Orange Is The New Black. Not sure what I'll get into after I've finished the first two seasons but I do have Dawson's Creek saved on my list haha.
  • OITNB, weeds , and house of cards as PP'ers...

also watched The Tudors series (show time - Very entertaining but warning: the later seasons get pretty graphic IMO at least), and currently finishing up 30Rock - there are so many little jokes that are more obvious when binge watching this one

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kwh33ls‌ I enjoyed it overall. Worth watching in my eyes, if you like the supernatural/syfy genre. The dialogue was cheesy at times, but the acting was pretty decent.
  • I finished OITNB but, am tempted to watch it again. Same with TWD. I finished that a while ago but I really wanted to see some good zombie action lol. Also, I'm watching the L word. I'm only on season 3 but, I can't watch those episodes back to back. Too much sex and I get all hot and bothered. Buffy too is a great show that I've finished years ago and am re watching.

Occasionally, when I'm really bored, I'll also watch reruns of jon and Kate plus 8.
  • @jensavicci‌ I don't know anyone else watching the l word and I have no one to dish with....I'm on season two and I am hating the character Jenny. She is such a manipulative drama queen! Also the way they over style all the male characters hair drives me nuts!
    image.
  • @Nichole8787‌ yes!!! I have an L word Buddy lol. How far along in season 2 are you? Let me just say now that shit gets very real.

Jenny....Im not crazy about her. She's hot and her eyes drive me wild but, I don't care for her personality. But I'm not sure how to describe why.

Carmen and Shane = YES!

Alice could be my best friend. And I hate Tina. Idk if you're far enough into the season for me to tell you why lol.
  • The Tudors is great! And there's only one season right now, but Bates Motel is fantastic.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
  • @Nichole8787‌ yes!!! I have an L word Buddy lol. How far along in season 2 are you? Let me just say now that shit gets very real.

Jenny....Im not crazy about her. She's hot and her eyes drive me wild but, I don't care for her personality. But I'm not sure how to describe why.

Carmen and Shane = YES!

Alice could be my best friend. And I hate Tina. Idk if you're far enough into the season for me to tell you why lol.

Oh damn! Wait I'm on season 4! Crap, I hope I didn't spoil anything lol. Seriously though, when you catch up, we should make this an L word watch club. Er something.
  • Watched all of breaking bad and orange is the new black. Currently watching pretty little liars and prison break (one for daytime girly tv and one to watch with DH)
  • I recommend: Homeland, House of Cards, The Killing, Call the Midwife, and Damages. Currently watching The Americans - it's great but it's on Amazon instant video not Netflix.
  • @jensavicci‌ no I hate Tina to! How could she cheat and say she couldn't help it! Total bullshit! I'm a little in love with Shane...but what happens with Shane and Carmen? I haven't gotten that far! My imagination is going crazy now lol I really love the tennis players character...blanking on her name right now. She's just so naive! I find it hilarious! I just got tho the part where marina goes back to Italy and found out she has a husband! Nuts! I hope she comes back I like her character...she seems very dark. Tell me she comes back?!?
    image.
  • @Nichole8787‌

I just want to make sure you're not confusing Bette with Tina lol Bette is mixed and Tina is Caucasian. I was mad at Bette for a while but, when I farther into it, I started to feel bad for her.

Let's just say carmen and Shane become interesting lol I don't want to spoil anything!

I really don't want to say too much about Dana or Alice. But, Dana pissed me off royally at one point. And now, I'm just heart broken for both of them.

Marina? Is that the exotic sort of woman who seduced Jenny? I can't remember exactly. That probably answers your question as to whether she comes back or not lol.
  • I need some netflix recommendations. Sometimes I like to watch spooky movies (in the daytime only!)
    What's out here that is in the mild side of scary, no gore and no zombies?
    Examples: I enjoyed 'cabin in the woods' and 'cube' and got through 'paranormal activity'
    Oh, and I loved Tucker and Dale
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Is the 5th season on there now? I watched the first 4 and then cancled it because nothing else was appealing to me.but I'd totally resubscribe for season 5!

Yes season 5 was just added to Netflix this week! @teamgreen14
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Call the Midwife
    Once Upon a Time
    Lie to Me
    Ringer

And I loved Orphan Black but it's on Amazon and there's only one season on so far

• Loved: Breaking Bad
    Working on: Dexter

Line up includes:
    Freaks and Geeks
    Weeds
    Deadwood
    Boardwalk Empire
    Bonnie and Clyde (mini series)
    SOA
    The Walking Dead

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• I need to finish Season 5 of Breaking Bad. It's not holding my interest like Season 4.

I can't stand Skyler. Hank is my favorite

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • I am binge watching season 5 of Parrenthood right now. When that's over I'm moving onto season 5 of Revenge.
  • @ghostof5letters‌ you have to push through. Season 5 is intense!
  • On hulu, for free, the reality competition show 'Solitary.' Contestants are isolated in a 'pod' then compete in physical and psychological challenges until they all give up, one by one. It's hilarious!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jensavicci im now on season 3 of the l word.

I'm so sad Dana died. I feel like they killed her off pretty abruptly.

Jenny is still awful and manipulative. I really hate her character.

Your right Tina is also awful and I do feel so sad for bett.

And Shane...I just want tho take care of her and hug her forever
    image.
  • @Nichole8787‌

I was wondering if you'd update me! Glad you did. OMG I know! It felt like my own friend died with Dana did. Did you see what happened with Shane and Carmen yet? And what Bette did? How do you feel about Max?
  • @jensavicci omg! yes i saw what happened with shane and carmen! I actually wasn't that upset when their marriage fell through...but they got rid of carmen really fast. ( I've been binge watching and I'm on season 5....kind of embarrassed about that) The writers for that show really seem to go through characters . It's like all of a sudden the characters are big parts of the show and then boom gone. Have you gotten to when Shane's brother Shay comes into the picture? It ripped my heart out. Serious tear fest....Bette, are you talking about her running away with the baby? Or something else? I actually like Max. I feel like she's a really sweet character. I hope that she stays around and that they develop his character more. Where are you in the show now?
    image.
  • @jensavicci Started season 5....I hate jenny. Why wont they just kill her!
    image.
  • @Nichole8787‌

Waaaaaiiiittttt!!! Lol slow down I'm not there yet! I have to start back up maybe tomorrow or something. I'm still on the episode right after Shane left Carmen at the alter. I can't remember what season whether it's 3 or 4 but I need to catch up. Although, I do know that something happens to Jenny in the very last episode of the entire series ;)

@RLBregg‌ yay!! Glad there's another L word can among us :)
  • RLBregg said:

@jensavicci‌ and @Nichole8787‌ L-Word fan here!! In fact it's what I was watching from 11p-5a when I was laboring for DD since DH was sleeping! I haven't watched much since then, but I have seen episodes sporadically over the the years and all of the final season. I just scrolled through the last couple of posts so I wouldn't get any more spoilers...now you've convinced me to pick it back up. I have to admit I didn't watch over ML because people would stop by without notice and I didn't want to have to explain anything if it happened when one of the many sex scenes was on! Saucy!!

So dish...who's your fav? Who do you hate?etc
    image.
  • Silver linings playbook just made it to Netflix!
  • I'm in the throws of season 4 of prison break. in loving it and sad or will end soon.

What will I (or should I) watch next?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"