Baby Names

How can you have 2 kids with such different names?!

The other day I found out my neighbor's daughter's real name...

They have 2 daughters.

Layla Marie
Unique Essence

I..mean. HOW?! I've always thought Essence was her first name because that's what everyone calls her but to put unique on top of it.... Sorry but it sounds like a perfume to me :/

Re: How can you have 2 kids with such different names?!

• Idani said:

Are they far apart in age or have different fathers? That would be my first guess but I have to say Layla while NMS won the name game here.

They are 5 years apart and have the same dad. The mom is a teacher too so the whole thing kind of boggles my mind.
  • My brother and his wife had a deal initially that my brother could name a boy anything he wanted because she had already picked out a name for a girl and he had no say in it. So my brother named the first two boys. My SIL named the other two boys. I guess she finally figured out that she might not get a girl to name. So the naming styles for the first two are outdoorsy/western and the second two are religious.
  • Loading the player...
  • Is Layla younger? Maybe they realized the err of their ways.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I dunno. They picked names they like. I don't see anything wrong with different names for your kids. Don't have to be matchy matchy. (I don't like the names you said but, eh).
  • abbyful said:

Is Layla younger? Maybe they realized the err of their ways.

Yes so maybe that is the case lol

• Oh, there could be so many reasons. My niece has a wacky MN because my brother got the "honor" of picking it. We firmly believe he was drunk at the time, LOL.
  • Oh, there could be so many reasons. My niece has a wacky MN because my brother got the "honor" of picking it. We firmly believe he was drunk at the time, LOL.

A wacky middle name is no big deal, there's an awesome Bumpie with a little boy and a girl, their middle names are Pterodactyl and Samurai.  I remember a Bumpie from a few years ago who gave her son "Danger" as his middle name lol

Anything goes there but awful first names are a problem,

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

A wacky middle name is no big deal, there's an awesome Bumpie with a little boy and a girl, their middle names are Pterodactyl and Samurai.  I remember a Bumpie from a few years ago who gave her son "Danger" as his middle name lol

Anything goes there but awful first names are a problem,

My point is they may have made a similar deal for FN as well, and that's how those poor kids ended up with the names they have.
  • anyone who names their child "unique" should be slapped. I'm just glad it's not "You'Nique" that would have deserved a throat punch.
    Married DH 5/28/08
    DS Born 4/13/11
    DD Born 3/38/15

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could see how maybe she had her first child really young and Unique Essence seemed like a great name. Or maybe there is some family significance. Who knows. Sounds like she regretted it quickly since she calls her by the middle name. 

I do think Layla is a better name but I see how it would appeal to the same mother just a few years later. Now if Layla was instead Lillian or Lucille then yeah that is a big change! But I don't find Layla to be an off the wall choice for someone who also likes Essence. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"