Potty Training

potty training at daycare

My sister was told by her daycare center if the child says no to going on the potty state law (in Michigan) prevents them from taking the child to the potty. My niece is 2 and no is her favorite word. Has anyone else heard this? How is she continue to potty train at daycare then?
Visit The Nest! IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: potty training at daycare

• Not sure if it's a law but I could understand if it was policy. When we PTL our kids we kept them out of daycare for the week. I just never felt it was something daycare should be responsible for. FWIW her DD probably won't tell them no- it's pretty common for kids to want to show off or please their provider for approval.
  • Agreed with PP about the glories of peer pressure for potty training.  DD and her friend were both refusing to go to the potty.  I pulled out DD's Hello Kitty potty seat and her friend immediately wanted to try it.  DD watched her friend and then jumped on the potty for her first ever out-of-the-house pee pee.  At home she even makes me hug her while she pees - but this time she said no to that, too.

Otherwise, I guess they'll just have to deal with the accidents at DC until niece figures it out at home.  Our day care was cool with that, but DD was only having 1-2 accidents per day.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"