January 2013 Moms
Options

s/o Separation Anxiety

Speaking of separation anxiety, I am freaking out about this coming two months.  I need some love and perspective here. 

Just like a lot of us here, DD has been getting molars, clingy, and just very aware of when I am gone lately.  I do my best to give her lots of love and attention at home and she is doing ok.

That being said, we are about to rock her little world and I am feeling AWFUL about it.  This week is her last week at her little in-home DC (2 other FT kids, one other PT).  DC lady is having her third baby and not doing DC anymore so we switch to an accredited in home DC in two weeks in which she will be one of 7. 

We also are taking her on her first vacation away from home the week BEFORE we switch DC so the second we return she starts at a new place.  Lastly, DH and I are going on our first vacation alone (since DD) in October.  Sigh...

While I KNOW logically this will all be good fer her I am dreding this for her emotionally.  And me emotionally.  And while I am PUMPED for vacation and I am also simultaneously dreading it. 

I just feel so bad for changing everything at once.  :( We go to "visit" the new DC for an hour on Thursday, I am staying with her.  But still.  My kid has such a bubble with strangers anyway and add in the clinginess lately and I could cry if I think about it. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: s/o Separation Anxiety

• Options
    We went on J's first big vacation in mid-June, his first plane ride too and then three weeks later he switched from the only in-home d/c he's ever known (he was the youngest) to a new in-home d/c (it's a 6 month old, him, a 3 year girl) and he is doing great. He actually cries when I pick him up and I have to remove him from one of the many electric riding toys they have. I'd rather have it that way then him crying when I drop him off. 

PP is right, kids adapt pretty easily. But I don't blame you for worrying, I did the same thing!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Good Luck, and I agree with pp.  I was worried about DS being moved into a new room, and we decided to actually make the move official after coming home from a vacation.  We just figured, let's change it all at once instead of a little bit at a time.  DS did awesome with the change, and now he loves to show people his new room.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys.  I know she will adapt it just brings back anxious-mama feelings since we had gotten into such a good groove.  this too shall pass! :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LO adjust so much better than we usually anticipate but I get it! We have our first solo trip in Nov and her yaya will be with her along with my parents (not that she really knows them) and it's only 2 full days away but I'm a little nervous for her!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"