April 2013 Moms
Options

STM's - did you have trouble choosing a name?

I'm having such a hard time committing to a name for baby girl #2.  With B, we had her name chosen before we even found out she was a girl - we never waivered from  or 2nd guessed that choice.

I'm finding it much more difficult this time around.  We've got names we love... but for some reason, I can't say - THAT'S IT! and commit to a name.  I think it's because I know this will be our last, so I won't get to use anymore names after this one -- if that makes sense.

Did anyone else have such a hard time choosing a name, or an I just being weird?

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

Re: STM's - did you have trouble choosing a name?

• Options
    knitfaced said:
    Yes and thankfully there were two, actually. That way I could choose one and my husband could choose one. We both were okay with each others pick, but it didn't have to be one favorite for us both.

Luckily, we both agree that we like the name(s) on our list... we wouldn't have been had this one turned out to be a boy. 

Funny enough, one of the hardest parts has been the middle name.  B has my middle name, so that was an easy no brainer.. but now what? My mom seems to think girl #2 could have the same middle name, but I'm not really diggin' that idea.  There aren't any other family names that I love for a middle name (other than Michael, but H isn't really thrilled about using it on a girl - I don't think it would be weird since it's a family name on both sides), but I feel funny about pulling a middle name out of thin air.

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

• Options
    We didn't have a name for either kid until day 2 after birth. We were team green and i like to look at them and see what feels right. We were both very stubborn the first time and picked a name we both liked but wasn't our favorite (he liked Luke, i liked Isaiah and we ended up with Benjamin). The second time we were a bit more open to compromise (he wanted Emma, i thought it was too popular so we went with Emilia), but i struggle with being definite it's the right name. No regrets with either. Or name choices did change a lot between our oldest who is 6 and the 1 year old though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, because we had a girls named picked out last time and then it was a boy, so we BRIEFLY discussed a different girls name this time around, but ended up reverting back to our original. :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   
  • Options
    I'm only having a hard time because my husband wants DS named after his dad and I don't !! I can't picture myself having a son named Dominic and my DH can't picture anything but Dominic ! We are running out f time
  • Options
    js1002 said:

No, because we had a girls named picked out last time and then it was a boy, so we BRIEFLY discussed a different girls name this time around, but ended up reverting back to our original. :-)

Who are you kidding - you just copied @CoffeeMonster19 ‌ 's awesome names. ;)
  • Options
    Kate_C said:

js1002 said:

Who are you kidding - you just copied @CoffeeMonster19 ‌ 's awesome names. ;)
    Haha! Pretty much!
  • Options
    We had baby #1 named a few months into my pregnancy- we had no problem deciding on a boy's name. We had DD's narrowed down to 2 names and decided right after she was born. It took a long time to decide a girls name for us. I think a 2nd boy would've been easier to name for us.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JollyWife said:
    No, but if we ever get pregnant again and #3 is a boy we will!
    What are some names on your list? 

FN chioces: Kyla, Brittynn (not set on spelling yet), Gracelynn, and Estelle

MN choices: Marie (family name, but I don't love it), Michael (yes, Michael for a girl - strong family ties), Lucille, and Estelle (if not used as a FN)

• Options
    CoachTay said:

JollyWife said:

MN choices: Marie (family name, but I don't love it), Michael (yes, Michael for a girl - strong family ties), Lucille, and Estelle (if not used as a FN)

Your other daughter is a B name right? Do you like the alliteration of 2 B names? Could always do Michaela for a MN if you can't sell your H on Michael. Lots of good options!
  • Options

@Kate_C, Thanks!  yes our daughter has a B name and I do love the alliteration of 2 B names =)

H suggested Mchaela for a MN, but it doesn't quite do it for me.

• Options
    CoachTay said:

JollyWife said:

I love Estelle!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CoachTay said:

@Kate_C, Thanks!  yes our daughter has a B name and I do love the alliteration of 2 B names =)

What about Michelle? It's a feminine form of Michael as well. :)

• Options
    elbou said:
    CoachTay said:

What about Michelle? It's a feminine form of Michael as well. :)
    Ahh stuck in the quote bubble -- anyways, I want to use Michael because of the family ties (H's middle name and my dad's, brother's, and grandpa's first name) so changing it to a more feminine, to me, doesn't make sense.

• Options
    I like the name Kyla Estelle, has a nice ring to it.
    We didn't have issues exactly. We had two of each picked out years before anyone was conceived. But when I was pg with the girls I suddenly didn't like one of the names, it seemed too popular. Took me about 2 weeks, but I finally found one my dh and I both liked. It was important to me to have them named before I did the fetal laser surgery I had to have done at 19-20 weeks (TTTS).

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"