TTC After a Loss
Options

Dental X-Rays while TTC

Ladies, this might be a really silly question but here it goes. So I have a dental appointment tomorrow and as you all know, dental x-rays is part of the dental visit. When a woman is pregnant, they don't recommend taking the x-rays. How do you feel about taking x-rays while TTC? I guess I'm just a little hesitant because I got a positive line on my OPK today and well DH and I have been doing the deed. So, what happens if mother nature is on my side and I conceive soon? Will the x-rays affect me somehow?

To add to my anxiety, the last time I went to the dentist was last December when I told my dentist I was pregnant and getting ready to announce my pregnancy to my husband. Now I'm going to have to go back and most likely face that dreadful question.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Dental X-Rays while TTC

• Options
    I think you are okay. You maybe will ovulate tomorrow or the next day so the chance of sperm and egg already meeting is pretty much zero.

As far as being questioned, call ahead and tell the receptionist what happened and ask if she will update your chart so you don't receive any uncomfortable questions.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wouldn't be too worried about it. I think it's too early for anything to be affected. Do your x-rays and take care of everything before you are in your pregnancy. I had some dental problems early in my last pregnancy and it was no joke because I couldn't get the real drugs. One less thing to worry about. 

IUI#3 brought us our dragon baby Z

TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge: Animal Snow Interactions 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    In addition to PP, tell the dentist or the tech that you are TTC. They may add an extra layer of cover when they take the x-rays. 
  • Options
    I had the same thing.  My dentist has online updates and I just filled out a form noting the loss and that I was TTC again.  No one said anything and all went as normal.  I would not worry about the X-ray and if you cannot update info online, I would call ahead like others have suggested.

((HUGS)) is is such an annoyingly awful situation to be in.
  • Options
    Thank you for the responses. And great idea on calling the dental office before my visit! @ktlovess @buggirl72 @cheetara2 @mrsipp @greeneyes842 @yellowcat10
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Greeneyes842‌ I've been looking at your chart since we both CD1 on the same day. This is my first month temping. Is it safe to say I ovulated on CD 15?? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I asked the same question on the 2ww post, but no replies.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    beemaya83 said:
    @Greeneyes842‌ I've been looking at your chart since we both CD1 on the same day. This is my first month temping. Is it safe to say I ovulated on CD 15?? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I asked the same question on the 2ww post, but no replies.
    FF gave you crosshairs on CD13, and that's when your temp spike and positive OPK are, why would you think you O'd on CD15 instead of the CD13 showing on your chart?  Looks like FF is right on the mark so far.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    I had told my dentist last year when we were pregnant right before the loss and didn't get xrays... I was worried it would get brought up at my March appt (and I didn't call ahead like Bug suggested), but no one said a thing to me and neither did I.  I think you are fine getting them based on where you are at in your cycle.  My insurance only covers them every 2 years anyway so I don't really have to worry for a bit.  (That was long winded - sorry)

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• Options
    @gscoville‌ and @Greeneyes842‌ thank you for taking the time to reply. @gscoville‌ the reason I thought that cd15 was my ovulation day is because it's been the highest temp rise after the positive OPK. I thought that the positive OPK detects LH surge not necessarily ovulation. But looks like you know a lot more than I do so I think you are right. @greeneyes842 I've been trying to take my temperature at 6:00am, BUT There were those days where I took it 15 minutes later or so. Let's face it, it's nearly impossible for me to be exact every day. But for sure I did not miss temping within hours of my usual time. I do have a confession. DUMMY me was using a regular thermometer the first few days of temping. This is why I think my chart is all crazy. If I get a BFN this time around, I think my next chart will look less crazy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I feel like I didn't have enough sex before ovulation. I hope that the sperm on CD12 stuck around for a while @Greeneyes842‌ . You my friend were pretty active this month. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I think you would be okay since they cover your belly with lead but you can always just tell the tech that you are TTC.  I'm sure they're used to it.
    Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• Options
    I told mine that I was TTC and was in my TWW.  They just didn't do them for me this time.  I was relieved because I hate getting them. 

December 4                     image

Married-1/2012
    TTC-8/2013   BFP-4/18/14  EDD: 12/29/12 MC-5/17/14 @ 7w4d
    BFP #2-11/13/14  EDD: 7/26/14  Beta #1: 11/14/13 (135 progesterone: 19.5)   Beta #2" 11/17/14 (733 ) 
    Hoping for good news!

Everyone Welcome

• Options
    beemaya83 said:
    @gscoville‌ and @Greeneyes842‌ thank you for taking the time to reply. @gscoville‌ the reason I thought that cd15 was my ovulation day is because it's been the highest temp rise after the positive OPK. I thought that the positive OPK detects LH surge not necessarily ovulation. But looks like you know a lot more than I do so I think you are right. @greeneyes842 I've been trying to take my temperature at 6:00am, BUT There were those days where I took it 15 minutes later or so. Let's face it, it's nearly impossible for me to be exact every day. But for sure I did not miss temping within hours of my usual time. I do have a confession. DUMMY me was using a regular thermometer the first few days of temping. This is why I think my chart is all crazy. If I get a BFN this time around, I think my next chart will look less crazy.
    Ovulation is not confirmed by any one temp, it's a pattern - once you have three temps in a row that are higher than the pre-O average you get crosshairs indicating ovulation for the day before your temp first went up.  The temp on that first day after O isn't always your highest temp, they will still go up and down, sometimes even dip to or below coverline, but in the end staying up consistently higher on average indicates ovulation.

Keep in mind that temping is all about seeing an overall pattern.  There is usually never just one temp that you can read too much into, it's the overall pattern of a whole cycle.  Also, the longer you temp the more FF will get to know you and the easier it will get for it to read you and your cycles.  Lastly, FF might even give you crosshairs, then take them away or move them based on further info throughout your cycle.  I've had cycles where FF seemed unsure about my exact O date and moved my CHs back and forth between two dates several days apart for almost my whole luteal phase.  It happens, sometimes our temps, OPKs, body signs, etc. don't all line up perfectly.  But in the end, if you're having EOD sex through the period of time before AND after when you expect to ovulate you'll cover your bases.  

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Options
    @gscoville‌ thank you for the explanation :D
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board