August 2014 Moms
Options

Beco Soleil / Ergo

I have the Beco Soleil carrier but didn't get the infant insert (I'm frugal plus I see it as just another baby item that will only get used for a few months). Was due a few days ago, no baby yet, but I want to be able to wear her fairly quickly. I've seen tutorials on using a rolled blanket instead of the insert but am wondering if any of you have tried it yourselves or have any tips? Ergo is very very similar as well, so maybe you've tried with it? Not interested in buying another carrier (Moby, etc.). Thanks!
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: Beco Soleil / Ergo

• Options
    The insert is a pain in the ass.

- Ergo.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    The receiving blanket trick works very well at least in an Ergo.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MC03MC03 member
    Check youtube for tutorials. I agree that the insert for an ergo is a pain in the ass. I'm just using my Ktan until baby is big enough for the ergo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Options
    I picked up an ergo insert for like $8 at the local consignment store, and just used the little pillow at the bottom without the actual bulky insert yesterday to wear DS in my Tula. It worked perfect. I have seen tutorials of people taping up a rolled receiving blanket so that it's easier to keep in the right shape when needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"