Baby Showers
Options

When to have baby shower?

I'm due in February and my aunt wants to throw me a shower near my home town. At what month in pregnancy do people typically have showers?

She was thinking November, the end of my 2nd tri/start of the 3rd, to avoid the holiday season (my family often travel during the holidays). Also, I live 7 hours away and will have to drive up (my husband is military so we are stationed away from where our families/friends are) so I was hoping to avoid potential snow in Dec/Jan.

Obviously this is my first baby so I'm just not sure what to expect. I know this question is far in advance but she's so excited to start planning!

Thank you for responding!

Re: When to have baby shower?

• Options
    I had mine about 5 weeks before my due date but I think what you're planning is perfectly fine
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would also wait until week 24.  Since you have to travel and there's the holidays and very real chance of snow, I think an earlier shower is a good idea for you.  DD was born at the end of March, my shower was in mid-January.  I had a good time but I wish it could have been earlier, I was pretty uncomfortable and huge.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll be beyond 24 weeks with her current plan. I am not sure how I will feel about driving that far once I'm much bigger and uncomfortable (especially because I'll probably have to drive alone due to my husbands schedule). I guess I can give her the green light to start planning! :D
  • Options
    My DD was due in January and I had my shower in mid November.  It was just easier to for everyone to avoid the holidays and the bad weather in January.  I was about 30 weeks I believe.  
  • Options
    The two showers I have hosted I gave the MTBs 3 dates to pick from. They both chose to have their shower between 30-33 weeks. (One was 30 weeks, the other was 33 weeks).
  • Options
    My shower was held when I was 34 weeks along, I had to travel 3.5 hours to get to it.  It all worked out well!  

~*~
    Together since 03/27/2007
    Married 07/20/2013

BFP #1 01/18/2014, EDD 09/26/2014, Team Green
    DD born 09/21/2014

image image 
  • Options
    I'll be 32 weeks at mine.
    BFP #1 - 12.25.13 // MMC - 01.23.14
    BFP #2 - 03.27.14 // EDD - 12.07.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board