Trouble TTC
Options

Just gonna leave this here....WTF Wed

WTF finger? Why did you get jammed and need a splint. It freaking hurts and I can't wear my wedding ring. Also, typing is hard. I'm chicken pecking over here (left hand anyway).
Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole

Re: Just gonna leave this here....WTF Wed

• Options
    WTF emotions...
    I have just been sad and grumpy all day just a hot mess! This basically conveys my entire day.... except it wasnt hilarious
    *** Siggy Warning ***
    Me:30 DH:33
    TTC since 10/12 
    HSG- Tubes Clear slight scarring on UTE (unexplained)
    DH SA- Normal
    10/12-6/13 Natural 
    Pcos Dx 7/13 Metformin 500mg x2 daily
    4/14 Provera  10days  then Clomid 50mg CD5-9 (BFN)
    5/14 Provera 10days then Clomid 50mg CD5-9  (BFN)
    6/14 (no provera yay!) Clomid 50mg CD5-9  (BFN)
    7/14 Natural Cycle Moving on to RE appt not til 7/31 (BFN)  
    8/14 Plan of action! Moved up to 1500mg Metformin, Femara 3-7 (Trigger canceled due to not big enough follies and holiday weekend) (BFN)
    9/14 7.5mg Femara CD3-7 +ovidrel  (BFN)
    10/14 5mg Femara(3-7) Follistim 75 (7-9) +Ovidrel +TI (last treatment cycle this year Breaking til after Holidays) (BFP! Beta #1 114, Beta #2 364)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ALL ARE WELCOME! ~~~~~~~~~

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So glad to finally have the chance to complain about this from Sunday...

****Children Mentioned****

A woman at church (around my age, with 3 kids of her own - that comes into play here) very kindly asked how my surgery went. Then sweetly shared how her friend struggled with IF for years and years, with an endo diagnosis, and finally had a child! And then continued to struggle for years and years but never had another.

THEN...what the...decided to expand on that to say, I don't know why that made her so upset. She had one kid already, what is she complaining about? She should just be thankful.

I hope the expression on my face is what made her backtrack a bit and say, "Well...I guess I don't know how she would feel."

If my brain was working at the time, I would have told her, childlessness and the loss of a complete family you had hoped for are two totally separate losses to mourn. Having a child takes away the pain of childlessness, but it does nothing for the pain of losing the complete family you had always envisioned, with everything that might go along with it (for us, for example, that's homeschooling with classmates, big family dinners, sibling relationships).

If people have selfish and ignorant judgments toward others, why don't they just keep them to themselves? Okay I feel much better now. :)
    Stupid iPad won't let me do what I want....basically, your example (homeschooling, etc) is exactly what we feel we would lose..........*******CHILDREN/BABIES/ETC MENTIONED********...............We want 2-3 kids (I'm one of 2 and want 3, he's 1 of 3 and wants 2 because his sister and BIL had a convincing argument for two and apparently that makes it written in stone....whatever.....cross that bridge if/when we get to it), and we are planning to homeschool, too. Plus, I've never wanted just 1 kid. Neither has he. It would be devastating. That lady needs to stop talking about things she has no experience with.
  • Options
    @theholmanherd‌ sorry about your finger, but the chicken pecking made me laugh. WTF Anxiety??? It's been so bad the past week. Also WTF cable company, rates went up again???

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options
    WTF body?  My boobs are already starting to feel sore like pre-AF, but it's only 5dpiui so it is both too early for AF symptoms and too early for actual pregnancy symptoms.  Oh yeah, and I'm tired as shit and had to get up twice last night to pee.  I am trying very hard to remind myself that it's really too early for any of this to be a symptom and that I have experienced all of these things before so they're not that unusual.  I still can't help it though.  Eff you 2ww.

-----------------------------------SIGGY WARNING-------------------------------------

Me: 31| DH: 36
    TTC #1 Since 07/2010
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    TX: 
    IUI #1 on 7/3/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (44 million sperm, 1 dominant follie) = BFN
    IUI #2: on 7/28/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (23 million sperm, 2 dominant follies) = BFN

IUI #3 on 8/22/2014 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (53 million sperm, 2 dominant follies)= BFP MMC @ 7weeks

• Options
    WTF boss.... ***child mentioned, not mine***

Yesterday a customer came into where I work to get something his pregnant wife had been complaining about. My boss says, in front of the customer and several other people, "Oh we definitely know what that's like! Oh...except for Amanda here. Amanda is THE ONLY ONE HERE who has never been pregnant." I just looked at her with disbelief for a few seconds and said "Well, thanks for throwing that out there." She then said, "Oh no! You should be proud!" 
  • Options
    @adejde - WHAT THE HELL!!??  God sometimes I really hate people.

-----------------------------------SIGGY WARNING-------------------------------------

Me: 31| DH: 36
    TTC #1 Since 07/2010
    DX: Unexplained Infertility
    TX: 
    IUI #1 on 7/3/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (44 million sperm, 1 dominant follie) = BFN
    IUI #2: on 7/28/14 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (23 million sperm, 2 dominant follies) = BFN

IUI #3 on 8/22/2014 100 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI (53 million sperm, 2 dominant follies)= BFP MMC @ 7weeks

• Options
    @adejde‌ SMH, Does your boss know your situation? If so, that's fucked up and why is that a reason to be proud? Sorry your boss said that, he/she sounds like a jerk!

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options
    @theholmanherd I know you've mentioned your plan to homeschool before, but it always feels good when someone else understands our dream and how important it is to us to have multiple children. Obviously we would be indescribably thankful to have one, but that would not make it easier in any way to deal with the loss of our dream. Although many parents successfully homeschool an only child, or one out of their children, I cannot even begin to picture myself working with just one child all day every day. I want them to learn and work and play together. So much of the way I teach relies on the student having peers. And coming from China, DH (an only child) and his parents have some very deep-rooted desires for a large family. 

Just said a little prayer that both of us can enjoy that "complete" family, however many that turns out to be for each of us! Not sure what YH's arguments for 2 children are, but I think perhaps 3 somewhat close in age is good? I am 5 years older, and my two siblings are close in age, and their experience growing up was better in a lot of ways. Because, of course, we women on 3T can just pinpoint the cycle to get pregnant and space our children the way we want, haha! :)

Question - do you start buying any books/toys/materials for future homeschooling? As a teacher I am SOO tempted when I see great stuff on sale, and now that we're doing IUIs I feel justified to start collecting. About monthly I come home with something. It doesn't hurt (yet) to see the bin, but I am just wondering if it's normal??
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    Question - do you start buying any books/toys/materials for future homeschooling? As a teacher I am SOO tempted when I see great stuff on sale, and now that we're doing IUIs I feel justified to start collecting. About monthly I come home with something. It doesn't hurt (yet) to see the bin, but I am just wondering if it's normal??
    I have bought several things. DH is very understanding as he is very frugal and likes getting a deal. SO, that being said, we have about 2 boxes of stuff for our future kids already (possibly 3...?) in addition to a huge box of wipes (which we use for lots of things). About 40% of it is learning stuff. I already know what curriculum we will use (Classical Conversations) because my aunt uses it, has trained me in it, and I'm in love with it. You can PM me if you want to start reading some good books on the subject. I was homeschooled myself, and I've taken some early childhood education and development classes (and an educational philosophy class), so I could go on for days on the subject. Happy to share! :D
  • Options
    adejde said:
    WTF boss.... ***child mentioned, not mine***

Yesterday a customer came into where I work to get something his pregnant wife had been complaining about. My boss says, in front of the customer and several other people, "Oh we definitely know what that's like! Oh...except for Amanda here. Amanda is THE ONLY ONE HERE who has never been pregnant." I just looked at her with disbelief for a few seconds and said "Well, thanks for throwing that out there." She then said, "Oh no! You should be proud!" 
  • Options
    WTF hairdresser ( I told I tell everyone LOL) ...I was telling her how we are seeing an infertility dr and we are using donor sperm. She then starts in on the 'once you stop trying you'll get pregnant' speech. Well, obvisouly that's not gonna work for me lady.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @curve31‌ the old once you stop trying you'll get pregnant comment, ugh. If one more person says that to me, I swear I'll punch them. Seriously I have anger issues lately! (I wouldn't really punch anyone, just imagine doing it in my mind). That comment is so annoying.

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options
    I thought about telling her how rape and molestation victims get pregnant all the time. And women is other countries who are malnourished and fear for their lives everyday do. But I just said "you hear that".
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Hollowvic‌ @thehollands‌ @rainbowbridge14‌ @kikimo327‌ she's a complete moron. Not just for that comment, but in general. I mean, who says that?
  • Options
    @curve31‌ People ask me all the time when will I have kids, so when a 17 year old girl who has a one year old asked me, I figured I would actually tell her I've been trying for a while to have them. She makes that exact same stupid comment about relaxing and I'll get pregnant when I stop trying. It's 100 times more annoying coming from a girl who got knocked up at the junior prom. (No offense to anyone who got knocked up at the junior prom.)
  • Options
    WTH/ WTF DH... Got all pissy and was screaming for no good F'ing reason. I asked him why there was a big black scuff mark on our crown moulding. He replies (with attitude) because I threw my shoe! ...in a way that duh, should have followed. Um, wtf?! Then I look at the wall a couple feet away and ask if a shoe also hit that wall because it seemed to have a wet footprint (around 7 feet up from the floor). He gets mad "because I'm asking him obvious questions". Sorry, on what planet is it normal and "obvious" that 1. grown ass adults throw their F'ing shoes at walls & 2. then don't clean the mess. Which leads me to 3. Irrational anger toward a person who was not associated with the shoe, the throwing, or the mess.
    I'm sorry :( That's frustrating. My H randomly gets angry about little shit sometimes, too. That's usually the point when I tell him to take a walk and I have a drink. LOL
  • Options
    @Fightersince83, sounds like something I would say haha. I usually say something inflammatory before I tell him to GTFO and cool off. He always comes back and apologizes, and then I do, too, but the alcohol helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"