May 2013 Moms
Options

Hand Foot Mouth?

Has anyones Los had it? 

My Lo has a fever not extremely high and is drooling and wont really drink or eat much.  He woke up screaming last night.  I wouldnt think much of it but then my daycare lady said someone went home with it yesterday.  Ive heard the doc cant really do much for it but was wondering if these symptoms sound like it? How long is it contagious? Anything that seemed to help them besides tylenol? I got him to eat some sherbert but thats about it.  Any help appreciated. Im hoping its just a tooth or cold but now Im worried it may be this.

Re: Hand Foot Mouth?

• Options
    My son had hand foot mouth.  It started as a fever, he wasn't as hungry, and he screamed a lot.  After a couple of days, he got some rash-like blisters on his feet and hands (nothing major, just a few bumps).  The doctor said his throat was pretty raw and diagnosed him with the hand foot mouth.  It's a virus, so there is nothing you can do.  After about a week the blisters should be gone.  If that is what your LO has, they are most contagious while they have the fever.  And beware, you can catch it, too.  I ended up getting it about a week after him and let me tell you...it was not fun.  I had the fever one day and a couple days later the rash-like blisters were all over my hands and feet. 
  • Options

We all had it last year in September. Fevers and the dots on  hands, feet, legs and trunk. It didn't last that long, maybe a week. DH and I only had a couple dots but had high fevers. DS1 and DS2 had a lot of dots but their fevers weren't too bad. I was told he could go back to school after fever broke.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The drs all seem to have a different idea of how long it's contagious. Mine said she had to stay home until the sores were gone, which was a week. She had a fever and drool which I thought was teething. DC saw the sores in her mouth and the dr confirmed. She didn't eat or sleep well for a couple of days and then went back to her old self. Lots of fluids and whatever food you can get in him.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Idk about hand foot and mouth but what you described with your LO was ours exactly, minus the drool, a week ago. I thought I noticed a tinge of pink eye so we took him to the pedi only to find out he had an ear infection. Even if it's hfm and they can't do anything it may be a good idea to call to see what your pedi recommends.
  • Options
    Its confirmed he has it:( Brought him in last night..this on top of getting a couple of teeth.  He was up till after 3 am just screaming and not wanting to go to bed. This sucks!  I keep doing tyelnol and did ibuprofen before bed. Heres to hoping today goes better.
  • Options
    kcwnckcwnc member
    edited August 2014
    I hope it passes quickly for him and that you both get some rest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"