May 2014 Moms
Options

Mirena mood swings and headaches

Do they go away eventually as the hormones level out? If headaches and rage attacks are my new normal, screw that; I'm having this bish yanked ASAP and making DH glove up till I hit menopause.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

Re: Mirena mood swings and headaches

• Options
    It gets better, I promise. I never had the mood swings, but after it evened out I lost weight and felt better. Plus after the spotting ends, no period! Wahoo!
  • Options

I went with the arm implant (same hormone the Mirena) and found that at first I was a little off, but it has gotten better. Most ogyn's recomend sticking it out for at least 3 months. Good luck!

That One Gal From Alaska :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg I have been having a lot of headaches. I got mine a month ago. Didnt even put the two together.
  • Options
    Thanks, gals. I had my 8-wk Mirena check this morning. I almost had her pull it but decided to stick it out a few more months. She said we're dealing with PP and BF hormones too, so it's impossible to say whether the Mirena is really causing that much trouble unless we take it out. And taking it out would leave me unprotected, which I definitely don't want at this time. So...guess we'll see!

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"