January 2013 Moms
Options

Checking in from a new hotel, on the other side of the country.

Well, we got the new car. It's nice, we like it. I still hate that we got it, but hey, desperate times right? We have made it to Boise and are visiting his family for a few days, we think. In the last two days we have driven through Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, and Idaho, checking off states 11,12, 13, and 14 for me for me in the last 3 years. It has been a nightmare, and i never want to get in another car again, but alas, in a few days we are at it again, but when we are done, it's over. No more traveling again until after my surgery, and Thoren has gotten settled, and we have decided on a house, rebuilt credit, and completely recovered for the financial shit storm that has been this year. Fun side note, guess who gets to contact a lawyer as soon as she gets home? Yep, this girl. Turns out, the mechanic shop that we took the car to, to be fixed pre-move, knew about the cracked manifold, and dead catalytic converter and didn't tell us about it, and let us get into a car that damn near killed us, and was spewing exhaust into the cabin with my 19 month old in there. Yeah, you wanna talk momma bear? I have NEVER yelled at any sort of service professional before in my life, but man, i lost it when that little nugget of information came to the light. So yeah, we are suing. Yay... *eye roll*. Ladies.. I want to sleep for a week, drink something strong, take an hours long bath, and get a massage.. If i am lucky i will get to take a shower alone tomorrow, that is sort of the same right? 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: Checking in from a new hotel, on the other side of the country.

• Options
    OMG, I would have unleashed on that service shop. I cannot believe snakes like that can stay in business. I'm so sorry you had to experience that, and I glad everyone is okay and didn't have any effects from the exhaust. How scary! 

Sounds you like you have a few days to rest a bit before getting back on the road. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Why the h wouldn't they mention it to you and say "hey, if you give us money, we'll fix this."  Isn't that their business?  That's freaking ridiculous and horrible.  So sorry.  But it must be sort of a relief to be on the road and on your way.  Good luck...hope the lawsuit is successful!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh well thank god you are all okay and getting closer to your new home!!!  This is the crazy crap that you live through and someday look back on and go whoa, I can't believe we did that!!! Thinking of you mama, hang in there!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yikes!  Sounds like quite the odyssey :(  Sure hope things start going better for you!  If it's any consolation, the weather is still gorgeous here in Western Washington! :)
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options
    That is terrible!! So sorry there is yet another obstacle, but glad your travels have been safe. Here's to a new, fresh start and a positive healthy future!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So glad you're all ok! Thanks for the update...I was thinking about you!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    Thanks for the update, and I'm very glad you're okay!
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"