July 2012 Moms

Bed time question

I know it has been discussed but how are you ladies getting lo to sleep at night? Josh has been a nightmare for the past couple weeks. Won't stay in bed, won't stay in his room unless I sit by the bed, and it is taking sometimes up to 2 hours for him to fall asleep. I need some me time back at night. Help!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Bed time question

• "ilah, its time for bed."

She goes into her bed. Hubby goes through her 6 fav stuffies to see if she wants one. turns on her sea horse and we leave

• K is still in the crib, but he is great at bedtime. Mornings are a totally different story, however.

We just turn on his sound machine, lay him down and say good night. maybe 10% of the time he will cry for me for a minute, but most nights he goes right to sleep at 8 or 8:15 ish.

• Loading the player...
  • @ All of you. How is this possible that your kids don't scream or cry at bedtime? Seriously.  What is wrong with me? I do so much of the similar things as you and the second I leave the room is is flat out cacophany, crying til vomiting. I've tried CIO, gentler versions, sleep lady, sleep shuffle etc. We stay consistent with a method for a month at a time. This week I'm looking into Baby yoga before bed and signing her up for activities in the evenings to wear her out.

I am so jealous. Seriously jealous. Shaking my head over here.

I'm sorry :( Honestly, my parents always say my sisters and I were great sleepers (except I developed night terrors as a toddler, which K has had a handful of times) and after our rough infanthood with K, I feel like I'm owed a good sleeper for the time being. I know you had it rough for a long while there too, so I hope your easy stretch comes quickly! Unfortunately, I don't have any real advice.

And I do want to add that although K sleeps great in his crib for the most part, he HAS to be in a very dark room, door shut, no distractions, sound machine on, and in his crib. This makes travel very tricky for us and often leads to sleepless vaca's. I know that doesn't compare to what you're experiencing, but at least it goes to show that one person never has it all!

• And I second @aimee223. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you or Coco. Toddlers are weird. While I have a good sleeper, I also have a Siamese twin these days in that he is the clingiest little being I have ever met in my life and wants to be held ALL THE FREAKING TIME (except when he's sleeping). So although our nights might be relatively easy, days are rough!!

I'm hoping this phase is a quick one for y'all! Hugs!

• @bellaxanthe I commiserate. I just want some time to get things done at night. The crying and fighting gets frustrating and I don't same either of us ending the night like that. ‌
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"