Working Moms

Need comfort please! :(

Just got home from the doctor, I'm only 5 weeks along. I had this appt for a regular routine pap for some time now. When I found out I was pregnant I called to see if I should make it for a later date but they told me to just come in anyway. My doc saw the yolk sac, said I'm where I should be at 5 weeks, but next to it, she saw a black blob, she said it could have been twins and one dimished, or could have been implantation bleeding. She said not to worry, I could start spotting brown and that's fine but if it's bright red to go to the emergency room. I'm seeing her again next Monday. Of course I'm a nervous wreck. Can anyone relate?

Re: Need comfort please! :(

• Yes. At DS's first ultrasound, there was DS and there was an empty sac. That's pretty common. I was sad for a while, but ultimately I knew that there was something so wrong with DS's twin that it couldn't survive. So better to lose the twin then than later when the loss could have endangered DS. DS btw is perfect. With all that said, I'm sorry you're going through this. It's sad. And hard.
  • Wishing you good thoughts. I had some bleeding early on in my pregnancy and it is very scary. I would try and just focus on the happy news that you're pregnant and try not to stress too much! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"