Multiples

Twins in an Arms Reach Co-Sleeper

I want to cosleep my swaddled twins for the first few months when they arrive. I've been looking for a used Arms Reach Original/Ideal cosleeper used and have had a heck of a time finding one. A few people have mentioned using a mini for twins but I am nervous about it being too small, or getting too small very quickly. Anyone have experience using a Mini for two babies?

Re: Twins in an Arms Reach Co-Sleeper

• I used the regular and mine even grew out of that length wise before 3 months so I can't imagine using the mini.
  • I have a full size and although I haven't used it yet, I think it will be perfect for the first couple months. I think a mini would be too small.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• Loading the player...
  • I second (third?) the original, not mini cosleeper.  We haven't set it up yet (got it off Amazon) and that's our plan for when the babies make their entrance.  I think the mini would not work with two.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • The mini is way too small to fit 2 babies. 
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • I had the mini and it barely comfortably fit one baby.  I had to bring in a PNP for the other.  Didn't matter, they ended up not liking sleeping flat and moved to RNPs after a month anyway.  
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Thanks so much ladies! I figured the mini would be too small, thanks for confirming. I hit a stroke of great luck and got a full size yesterday for $20 from a local mom's group. It's in PERFECT condition. I am estatic! The $210 price tag of the full was daunting for something that wouldn't' be used all that long. Our original plan was to use the PnP, but I read that the bassinet part of it should only be used up to 15 lbs, I have been hearing of a lot of twins in the 6-7lb range at birth lately and I was just diagnosed with gestation diabetes so I don't want to take the chance that we bring them home and it only works for a very short period of time. We do have two RNP's a friend is letting us borrow as backup ;-) Those things are brilliant!!
  • I borrowed a friend's mini...we used it one night before moving them to the RnP (where they slept next to our bed until they were 4 months). We also used the upper portion of the PnP for awhile during naps, but like you mentioned the weight limit didn't allow that for very long before it started to tear!! Luckily I saw it before it actually broke! Congrats on finding a regular arms reach at a discount!!!! That's awesome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"