Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

HCG levels after D&C (siggy warning)

Siggy warning....

I never intro'd but I've been lurking since my D&C on 7/26. I found out I had a miscarriage at 8/9 weeks, just a sac. My doc told me to have a D&C because my hcg levels were in the 200k range and they were afraid of possible molar pregnancy (it wasn't, thank goodness). After d&c I bled a little, nothing major and just this week I had a very, very short light period, like a day and some spotting, dark blood. I'm definitely NOT pregnant but I've been feeling fatigued and decided to see if I still had hormones in my system. I don't have HPT (I'll pick some up) so I took OPK. For the last three days, they are turning very, very dark, even while I was bleeding. Is it possible I still have HCg in my system? Or is it possible I'm ovulating while having period? Anyone have experience with this? I feel so hormonal all the time, like I'm still pregnant...mood swings, tired, etc. sorry this got long and I'm on mobile!

Re: HCG levels after D&C (siggy warning)

• Options
    I had hcg in my system for at least 4 weeks after my first loss, and it's still in my system now, 26 days post my second loss. It's completely normal, and can take time for your levels to drop/body to regulate. I take my basal body temperature to have a bit of an idea what the heck my body is doing.

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

• Options
    It can take a while for your levels to drop, especially if they started so high. If it goes much longer you might ask for a recheck to make sure they're dropping and you don't have retained tissue or something. Which might be why you're still having sort of random bleeding.

However, it's pretty common for it to take several weeks for levels to fall back to zero. If you still have HCG in your system, you will NOT ovulate. That's why you don't ovulate and have a period while you're pregnant. After your levels drop you will go back to cycling. 

Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"