June 2013 Moms
Options

help with baby names

LaBellaVidaLaBellaVida member
edited August 2014 in June 2013 Moms
I know we've got plenty of time still to name the baby, but wanted to get some feed back on these names. Plus, polls are fun.

My other kids names are Andrew, Connor, and Owen. Babies middle name is Wyatt.

help with baby names 115 votes

Parker
20% 24 votes
Preston
17% 20 votes
Oliver (nn: Ollie)
26% 31 votes
Graham
19% 22 votes
Hunter
12% 14 votes
None of these names
3% 4 votes
ss/lurker
0% 0 votes

Re: help with baby names

• Options

I'm obviously biased and love Graham! We like that we named him that because it "fits" with all the popular boy names now but we don't know any other Grahams. We thought Arlo would be the odd one, and wouldn't you know it we know 3 Arlos and no other Grahams. (I guess that's what you get for being friends with mostly hippies and artists?)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I voted Graham.

I like Oliver but you already have an O name (not that that should be a determining factor, per say).

As far as "other names" go, it's a shame you have a C name because I really like Carson Wyatt, what about:

Nolan Wyatt

Blake Wyatt

Henry Wyatt

#Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's funny was said that about Oliver because I love that name too and it's been on our lists but as soon as I saw Owen I ruled it out because I like being able to use first letters to talk about my kids! That obviously isn't a factor for everyone :)

• Options
    I voted Oliver but I also love Nolan.
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    I kinda like Gordon, someone told me all guys they knew named Gordon were good looking. I didn't like it with my last name, though, too rhymey for me. But I just googled Gordon Wyatt and apparently it is a character on Bones. :)

• Options
    I like them all, but Parker was my favourite.

• Options
    Whenever I think of Gordon, I think is Thomas the train. Lol

• Options
    I like Preston and love that out new lil guys are gonna have the same middle name :)

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    @riansmommie Connor and Owens middle name are both Wyatt. It's my husband's middle name, so it's something he wants for this one too. Which I'm fine with because I love it! :)

• Options
    Lizzybizzy80Lizzybizzy80 member
    edited August 2014

Whenever I think of Gordon, I think is Thomas the train. Lol

That's funny, I like [the name] Thomas too!

• Options
    As much as I love Oliver the fact that your husband has been quiet about it tells me he doesn't like it. And I say that because every time I brought up the name Oliver to people guys didn't like it but women did. It seems like one of those names that the genders seem conflicted on! Graham was about as "soft and British" of a name I could sell DH on!

• Options
    Well, to be fair he's been pretty quiet on every name except Hunter, only because his mom was one the who thought of it.
    (His mom could have suggested any name, and as long as she liked it, he would like it. Years ago I suggested I liked the name Noah. He said no. Then he mentioned it to his mom, and she loved it...... Then so did he.) It's annoying.

He had suggested names that I quickly shot down. Lol. Vince being one of them. No offense to anyone, is just not my style. He's very much into names that everyone has. Tony, Michael, William, ect. Those kind of names are just far too common for me.

He was the same way with Owen, he was quiet on the name until I really pressured him and he said all along he liked the name, just didn't want to tell me.

Eh, will see.

• Options

Oliver is my favorite on the list.

My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Options
    I like Oliver and Graham. I also like Wyatt just as a first name.
  • Options
    @xBlueFrogx 's LO gave me an idea...what about Harrison Wyatt?
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options

I like Oliver and Graham. I also like Wyatt just as a first name.

I love Wyatt as a first name too. In fact I wanted to name Owen, Wyatt Alexander.
    Then I said my boys names as if I'm calling them. Andrew, Connor, Wyatt. And it was a no go because Connors middle name is Wyatt too, so it was like I was calling him by his first and middle name like he's in trouble.

Since Owens middle name is Wyatt too. ... it's the same thing.
    :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"