2nd Trimester
Options

Leg and arm pain while sleeping.. what is it?

Hello,

I am 15 weeks today and for a few nights, I've woken up from sleeping with an uncomfortable, dull, aching pain in my upper arms and upper legs.  It seems to come in waves and keeps me tossing and turning with the urge to get up and move- either walk or try to shake it off.  Last night it kept me up for almost 2 hours until I finally feel back asleep.

Did anyone else have this problem?  Any insight into what this could be?  Thank you in advance for any help!

Re: Leg and arm pain while sleeping.. what is it?

• Options
    Not sure, doesnt sound like carpal tunnel, is it muscles? Are you taking prenatals? Restless leg syndrome? You should definitely talk to your doctor.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm going to ask my doctor at my appointment this week too but its nice to know that it may not last! This is my first pregnancy so everything is new.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my arms and hands go numb when I sleep due to carpal tunnel... I sleep with my arms above my head which is causing restricted blood flow...

As for legs...  I have a baby sitting on my sciatica and my leg goes numb in certain postiions...  restless leg and leg cramps are common in second tri but def speak to your doctor!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    Drink more water. If that doesn't work, talk to your doc.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"