March 2014 Moms
Options

B*fest

It's Monday let's hear em !

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: B*fest

• Options
    I want to smother my husband in his sleep. The snoring is about to break me. My parents are living with us until their new place is remodeled so after I'm woken up by the baby I can't sleep in my bed bc of H's snoring. I go to the couch (parents are in the guest room). My dad wakes up at the freakin crack of dawn and wakes me up in the process. So tired. The H has a doc appt scheduled for today to hopefully get a referral for a sleep study. Please, Jesus, make the snoring stop.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My ILs are being passive aggressive.
    They want to see the kids...they tell us to 'stop in when you're in the neighbourhood'. But the 'neighbourhood' is 30 minutes from anywhere we normally go.
    They used to ask to take DS1 for the day, but haven't done that lately.

They are acting like we are keeping the kids from seeing them, but I just have no desire to go to their smoky house for a day with the kids, especially since LO screams when either of them comes near him.

We are also irritated that they aren't showing even HALF the interest in LO that they did when DS1 was a baby.
    I think they don't know how to split their attention.

I think that was more of a vent, but whatever. I don't complain about stuff nearly often enough these days. Lol.
  • Options

Having a baby who is a bad sleeper sucks.

Yes, yes it does.
    DS1 did not sleep well. At. All.
    And even at a year old was going to bed at 11pm, up at 4am then back to sleep til 7/7:30.
    It was veeeeeery tiring.

(And most naps were ON me)
  • Options

1. )ITS MONDAY

2.) My IL's were over yesterday and they are super loud people. I finally got LO asleep for what I thought would be her normal 2 hour afternoon nap. NOPE not with them there she was awake in 45 mins. Then I  proceeded to try and put her back to sleep because I knew nighttime would be a pain. NO MIL says " she's not tired she's not going to nap" . Oh I'm sorry last I checked this is my child, I know how she works.  So they proceeded to keep her up the whole time they were over yesterday . Then  of course going to bed last night was quit the task!

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 

• Options
    I've been trying on my swimsuits for a pool party on Saturday, and only one of the tops is big enough for my "nursing twins boob job". And the one that has a big enough top, I don't like the bottoms :(
  • Options
    My 3 yo is driving me insane. He doesn't stop talking all. day. long. Mom, mom, mom, why, why..... It's worse than Stewie over here! He's also being super naughty and so loud he keeps waking the babies up. He started preschool last week which I thought would help, but no. He was even worse when he came home and skipped his naps. Pretty normal, I know, but paired with lack of sleep it's getting to be too much. Hopefully this week is better. This mama needs a break!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ntdane said:

My 3 yo is driving me insane. He doesn't stop talking all. day. long. Mom, mom, mom, why, why..... It's worse than Stewie over here! He's also being super naughty and so loud he keeps waking the babies up. He started preschool last week which I thought would help, but no. He was even worse when he came home and skipped his naps. Pretty normal, I know, but paired with lack of sleep it's getting to be too much. Hopefully this week is better. This mama needs a break!

Yes!!! This is my life right now too, I have even tried playing the "quiet game", first one to talk loses. He loses every.single.time and on top of the talking, he is full if energy and jumping off the wall.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jwls84 said:

ntdane said:

Yes!!! This is my life right now too, I have even tried playing the "quiet game", first one to talk loses. He loses every.single.time and on top of the talking, he is full if energy and jumping off the wall.
    Yup! Now he just threw a fit because I put the sprinkler on the wrong hose on the wrong side of the house. Just jump in it and burn energy kid!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been trying to find some kind of mommy group for me and DS to go to. I'm getting really frustrated because so far everything I've found is an hour away!!!!! That is not reasonable! There are 3 libraries within a 20 mile radius of me, and none of them (from what I've seen online) offer anything for moms and babies. They have stuff for preschoolers, but not for babies. 

I'm starting to get really lonely because I don't know ANY moms that stay at home and have kids around the same age as DS. I just want some interaction with adults, and I want DS to have some baby socialization. I feel like such a loser. 

I got on meetup.com and found some groups, but again, they are all an hour away. I don't think that is very realistic to drive that far for a mommy/baby group. 
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options

@ntdane we're looking for a preschool for DS1 in hopes it'll help his acting out and whining. You're not giving me much hope ;-)

I'm sorry! We really thought it would do that too. He only goes 2 mornings a week so maybe once he gets a routine going it will make a difference.
  • Options

I'm so sick of being hot and sweaty all the time! I feel so freaking gross and cannot wait for colder weather which I've never been a fan of.

Definitely this! I feel so gross and sweat buckets
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been trying to find some kind of mommy group for me and DS to go to. I'm getting really frustrated because so far everything I've found is an hour away!!!!! That is not reasonable! There are 3 libraries within a 20 mile radius of me, and none of them (from what I've seen online) offer anything for moms and babies. They have stuff for preschoolers, but not for babies. 

I'm starting to get really lonely because I don't know ANY moms that stay at home and have kids around the same age as DS. I just want some interaction with adults, and I want DS to have some baby socialization. I feel like such a loser. 

I got on meetup.com and found some groups, but again, they are all an hour away. I don't think that is very realistic to drive that far for a mommy/baby group. 
    Go to parks. Seriously. Anywhere with a swing set and a sand box.
    I may try that once it gets cooler, but when it's 85 degrees before 9 am, well, that's just no fun....
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options

My mouth hurts! It's been a week.. Went in Friday and she said maybe it was my bite. I really don't want to have to decide between pulling and a root canal since that tooth didn't even hurt before the damn filling.

X( :((
    Mouth pain is the worst.

I'm going to get three cavities filled today! Omg I'm dreading it. It's been years since I've had anything done to my mouth other than cleanings.

Also, we left our bag of dirty cd at DHs grandparents. They are washing them for us and we'll be seeing them in two weeks, but we'll only have about half the number of dipes as we're used to. I'm going to have to wash every day for the next two weeks :(
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Options

I feel fat and my hair is falling out like crazy. stupid PP hairloss is just striking now. really hope it stops soon or I'm going to be bald.

I want to buy new clothes but I shouldn't cuzzz this mommy is broke. looks like I'll be using the hairtie trick again. ugh.

Also, DH's grandma watches lo most days which is awesome, but she's out of town fri -tues (thank goodness it's a holiday weekend so I don't have to cover Monday) so I've got to arrange alternate care for LO those days already, plus I've got early court wed so I'll have to either find someone or drop him off with her wayyyy too stinkin early, plus DH's little cousin (who lives with her) called last night at 11 pm and said gma was sick so don't bring lo by, and I had court this morning (so I HAD to drop him off with someone instead of just staying home with him or my client would lose his house). I understand she needs days off too, it's just that a little more notice would be nice. Glad I wasn't asleep when I got that call! Thank goodness DH has tons of family in the area who can help. I feel bad like I'm burdening them sometimes, but they keep saying that they love lo and want to take him so I guess it's ok?

andplusalso, I'm only 30 and I look really young, but I know my sh*t. I hate that so many people look at me like I'm an idiot or too young to know what I'm doing. In court today I was the only one who knew the proper procedure for claiming exemptions (which is what the hearing was on) but I still feel like everyone had it set in their minds that I was too inexperienced to know what I was doing. ug. On the plus side, many of the attorneys I encounter are openly clueless about procedure (but honest about it) so I don't feel toooo bad on those days when I'm unsure about the next step in a case.

more bitches later.

• Options
    kimberpoo said:

I ....my hair is falling out like crazy. stupid PP hairloss is just striking now. really hope it stops soon or I'm going to be bald.

My hair loss just started a couple weeks ago.
    It looks like I lose sooo much hair, but it's mostly because my hair goes to my waist. It's probably no more than 20-30 hairs a day, but looks like a fistful twice a day. Lol.

I'm afraid to colour my hair because I DO lose a fistful when I colour.
  • Options

I ....my hair is falling out like crazy. stupid PP hairloss is just striking now. really hope it stops soon or I'm going to be bald.

My hair loss just started a couple weeks ago. It looks like I lose sooo much hair, but it's mostly because my hair goes to my waist. It's probably no more than 20-30 hairs a day, but looks like a fistful twice a day. Lol. I'm afraid to colour my hair because I DO lose a fistful when I colour.

Mines falling out like crazy ! I feel like I could make a really nice full wig by the time I finish washing / drying my hair.

• Options
    I really don't like my DH right now. He is just getting on my nerves and so annoying. Too bad I love the bastard!

• Options
    M had a cold. The worst one he's had yet. Bedtime was awful, he took in too much air while he was eating and then threw up. And he lost it, so DH got upset and I had to calm him (them) down. Finally got LO down but then he was up almost hourly all night. Poor congested little thing. At around 2, put him in the RNP in my room so he could sleep elevated. But then I really didn't sleep because I heard everything. I got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night.

And tonight I have a benefit concert I am working. I'm worried on 2 fronts - 1: I am effing exhausted and won't be home until late. And 2: if M has another bad night, DH will have to deal with it alone and then I will feel terrible.
    :(
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options
    kaking78kaking78 member
    edited August 2014
    J has gone to three freaking days of daycare and had already caught a cold and hand, foot, and mouth. Scrambling to find someone who will take care of a sick baby sucks. I wish we had family nearby.

ETA: And now he has hand, foot, and mouth. FML.
    ETAA: And I'm so damn sleep deprived that I missed that I already said he had HFM.
  • Options
    Today was the kids first day back at school. I'm in a weird mood/ funk tonight, and can't quiet place it. I have been excited for school to start back again, but today it was like a huge realization that working full time and being a mom is going to be really tough! I hate the idea of not being able to give 100% to my job or LO. I'm also bummed that I had been looking forward to this, and it just doesn't look like it's going to be the year I thought it would be. Working moms, please tell me this feeling goes away?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ahutch428 said:
    Today was the kids first day back at school. I'm in a weird mood/ funk tonight, and can't quiet place it. I have been excited for school to start back again, but today it was like a huge realization that working full time and being a mom is going to be really tough! I hate the idea of not being able to give 100% to my job or LO. I'm also bummed that I had been looking forward to this, and it just doesn't look like it's going to be the year I thought it would be. Working moms, please tell me this feeling goes away?
    Right now it is overwhelming and hard. We all go through it. I have been back at work for 4 months now and have a routine and now am getting into a groove. It might take a month or two for you to feel like you can handle it all but you will get there. Just make sure that when you are work, focus on work, and when you are at home, focus on your baby and DH. Thats all you can do and know you are doing your best!

• Options
    @Ahutch428  yes  what kare_bear_12 said and also it really helps if you enjoy your job/environment.  I really like the people I work for but not my day to day operations, nor does the commute give me any fuzzies.  I envy so much those that are able to sah or those that love their career and get satisfaction from their profession.  It is tough and getting your patterns established will happen over time and make it a bit easier, but for some (me) it doesn't really ever get great.  I never wake up happy I am going off to work, but it is a necessity and that it is a function of my role as a mother to do what has to be done not just what I enjoy doing.  I wish you an easy transition.
  • Options
    A day late...
    I wake up at 5am every morning to get me and LO out the door and to the sitter by 7am. Then I drive an hour in traffic to work where I work an 8.5 hour day at a very demanding, fast paced job only to drive 1+ hours home in traffic to pick up LO. Once home, I have to figure out dinner and get things ready for the next day.

My bitch is that MH lost his position at work which means that he is home most days until the early afternoon when he has football practice. Do you think he gets up to help me?!?! This morning he was still snoring away while I was running around like a mad woman and then had the audacity to call me and ask if I gave him a kiss goodbye before I left. Yeah, I tried but you looked at the clock, rolled over, and started snoring again.

I love MH, but sometimes he drives me nuts!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"