September 2013 Moms
Options

First Fever

How did your LO do with their first fever? 

My LO is on day 5 of low grade fever with sniffles and a sore throat. His spirits are definitely higher today and he has more energy. He even ate some puffs and yogurt melts without gagging or throwing up. I took him to the doctor on Friday and they said to bring him back today if he's still sick. I'm just afraid that I'm going to get the same advice that I got on Friday, lots of fluids and motrin as necessary.

Re: First Fever

• Options
    Thanks for responding. He is normally super laid back and easy going. After a longer than normal morning nap, he woke up super irritable and cried on/off for 30 minutes. I decided to take him in today, just in case. We're supposed to fly on Saturday and I really hope he's recovered by then.

• Options
    I hope he feels better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks. ladies!

So far we are negative for strep and influenza! His fever seems to have broken. His last ibuprofen was at 7am. The dr. said to hold off on anything else for two more days and if he has a fever on Wednesday morning then we have to run a gamut(sp?) of tests. I really hope this morning was the end of fevers and that he is on the mend!

• Options
    Fever was back at 100.5 at 5:30pm. Hopefully the fact we almost made it the whole day is a good omen for how he will wake up tomorrow!

• Options
    He is doing MUCH better today. He woke up without a fever and has had a decent appetite. Thank goodness!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"