Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

At home exercises?

So my DS is 9 weeks and I'm having trouble losing the last 10-15 lbs of baby weight. I have to admit that I haven't really been doing anything to lose aside from portion control. I don't want to be extreme about a diet or anything but I would like to shed the remaining 15 lbs. DH runs his own business and has little time to watch DS, which means I'm unable to go to gym. Does anyone do home workouts without actual equipment/machines? Got any ideas?

Re: At home exercises?

• Options
    When I was coaching, I kept my girls to easy, body resistant basics so they could do them anywhere. (Raining? No problem! School cancelled? No problem!) We did the push-ups, crunches, leg lifts, squats, etc. Anything that uses your own body's weight as resistance. Do three sets of each and break in between each set. Most people find the basics boring and repetitive, but they do work. One of my girls had been training for mini-marathons; when I was done with her, she was so sore! If it's nice outside, strap baby in the stroller and walk. Vary your speeds as this forces your lungs (and muscles) to contract and work at different intervals. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fitsugar.com has some great workouts that don't require any weights or equipment. But the best low impact workout ever? Walking. Put DS in a carrier and walk a bunch. His weight will add extra effort for you.

FWIW, my DS is 10 months old and I just lost the last of the baby weight. Those last 10 lbs didn't come off easily until about 7 months PP and then it took a couple of months of good exercise and diet to get it off. 

It took 9 months to put the weight on, give yourself 9 months to take it off.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have lots of friends who swore that the last few pounds melt off when you finish BFing. I don't recall that happening, but I BF for a long time so maybe it came off more gradually.

In addition to lots of walking, I did P90X at home... and P20X2 is more geared to be done at home, without a lot of equipment. I could almost finish an hour workout during AM naptimes and it really helped my moods to do something physical for myself.

GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jillian micheals 30 day shred is a nice fast workout you can do in 20 min while baby naps. You are supposed to use hand weights, but I do it without them and still get a great workout. Be sure to check for diastasis recti before doing the crunches (there's some great YouTube videos on how to do it, so you don't make the "mom belly" any worse) walking with the stroller at a brisk pace gets the heart rate up too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"