2nd Trimester
Options

Spotting at 14 weeks

I have been dark brown spotting all day. I know this means old blood, but I'm trying to figure out what caused it and if I should worry. I had a migraine this past week and did some serious throwing up. I am wondering if that may have caused the spotting. I am definitely calling my doctor first thing tomorrow morning, but in the mean time I was curious if anyone else had experience with this.

Re: Spotting at 14 weeks

• Options
    It can sometimes happen after sex or a vaginal ultrasound, or there could be other explanations.

I hope you get some good answers from your doctor and that baby is doing great!
  • Options

It can happen too when your uterus stretches. I remember my doc saying something about that at my last appt. Hope all is well for you. Thinking about you!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck, sounds like it could be not much to worry about. But I would want to know why, too. Hope your doctor has good answers for you :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    eleolin8eleolin8 member
    edited August 2014

I had spotting (no cramping) for the first time at 13 weeks.  I was at work on Friday and called my Dr. and she said "go home now and put your feet up."  That scared the heck out of me.  Anyway, the spotting stopped after that and I just took it easy over the weekend.  I saw her Monday and she said I had cervicitis b/c when she swabbed the cervix it started to bleed again and baby looked great on ultrasound.  I took this vaginal medicine for 3-4 days and all is good!  No spotting or bleeding since.

*She did say, any spotting or bleeding at this point wasn't normal so finding out the cause is important.

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Call your doctor. Brownish spotting is considered normal, but it's better to be safe and hear it from a professional.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. :) I appreciate everyone's experiences and feedback. This is my first pregnancy that has made it past the 1st trimester, and the first "problem" that I have really had. I have an appointment on Sept 2nd. I decided to hold off to speak with the doctor until then. The spotting has eased off for the most part.

• Options

bean002 said:
    This is my first pregnancy that has made it past the 1st trimester, and the first "problem" that I have really had.

I can definitely relate. This is my first pregnancy that has ever made it this far. Every little twinge is terrifying. Just hang in there, I'm sure everything's fine. Of course, if it gets worse or you have pain, go in immediately. But it seems to be getting better :)

Good luck!

imageimage
  • Options
    I had spotting at 17 weeks with my daughter and it turned out to be BV. gross but such a relief that DD was fine.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    it is likely nothing to be concerned about but a phone call is always a good idea. Chances are they will say as long as you are not having any cramping, pain etc. then they will likely say they will just see you on Tuesday.

I had spotting a few times in the first trimester the morning after intercourse, the first couple of times it was only happened once the next morning. The next couple of times I was around 13 / 14 weeks and the spotting lasted for several days but was only when I would finish up in the washroom, I didn't have alot but it went on for a bit. 

Spooked me when it happened around 13 wks and wasn't just pink or brown - it was bright red. Of course it was a Saturday and the OBGYN's office wasn't open, so I ended up speaking to the Birthing unit at the hospital. It was likely a result of the intimacy with DH, they said that is very common as the cervix is more sensitive during pregnancy. They said to take it easy and to increase my water though. But that as long as there was no pain or cramping and the spotting wasn't much [use a sanitary pad - I didn't even have enough to do that], then everything would be fine. It happened again a week later and I spoke with the OBGYN's office and the admin said she would pass on the message to the dr. If the dr was concerned they would get back to me and would move up my appt or let me know what to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"