Trouble TTC

Holding off on IVF???

It looks like we'll be holding off for a month or so to save some money for IVF. I just don't think we can swing it right now. I'm worried about my age it's just going up by the month. Opinions needed....do you think a couple of months will make a huge difference with my age? Turn 39 at the end of Sept.. Also I'm supposed to go for 3 day BW in the am, the consult in the afternoon (H is bitching about missing work), also start BCPs tomorrow night. Should I skip all of it until I'm ready to officially start IVF? Or should I just go? I'm starting to think a little time might actually help me, as the past week my stress level is unbearable. I think it would be better to get all of these things under control and work on getting a handle on my anxiety before starting my first IVF cycle. Just looking for thoughts and opinions. I don't know what I'd do without this board, thanks to all of you.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

Re: Holding off on IVF???

• Does BC save eggs? I didn't know that. I was on BC for 15 years, does that mean I saved 15 years of eggs? I'm assuming it doesn't save the quality though?

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• As someone close to your age, I just turned 40, I'd go ahead and go to the appt and get all your test done and see what the RE has to say about when to start bcp. They may want you to wait so you aren't over suppressed.

I also don't think a 1-2 month break in the whole scheme of things is going to make that much of a difference. I do understand at our age that damn clock that's ticking is loud. Good luck!
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @rainbowbridge14‌ I had everything tested in late April, so 4 months ago. I'm going to get the BW, at least I'll know if anything has change. The reason I would want to hold off on the consult is bc it's another $165 OOP, saving every little bit helps right now. So I'll do the BW and call them in the morning and explain the situation.

TTC #1

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• I don't think I'd wait 6 months or anything, but I don't think a month or two will make or break you. I think the mental aspect is really important and you should take a little time to get in the right head space before moving forward if you think that'd be helpful.
    **siggy warning**  **everyone welcome**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    DS- 11.07.02
    DSS- 6.26.04
    Married- 6.29.13
    TTC Again- Sept. 2013
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Test Results/Diagnosis- HSG & SA totally normal
    DX: 3/2014 Prolactinoma/Hyperprolactinemia- Started cabergoline 2/2014
    5/2014 Possible mild PCOS in addition to hyperprolactinemia??
    7/2014 Adding probable tubal factor to the diagnosis list
    9/2014 And now adding hypothyroid to the list- Started synthroid 9/2014
    Cycles 1-4 - Sept.-March- All Anovulatory 
    IUI #1 March/April-  Clomid 50mg + Clomid 100mg +Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN
     IUI #2 April/May-Clomid 100mg + Clomid 150mg + Trigger + IUI #2 + Endometrin=BFN
    IUI #3- June- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3  Benched due to a 40 mm cyst. :-(
    IUI #3- July- Follistim 75iu + Trigger + IUI #3 + Endometrin = BFP! on 7/25/14
    Slowly rising betas - Ectopic suspected on 8/8/14 & confirmed on 8/11/14
    Methotrexate on 8/12/14 -HCG negative on 9/2/14
    IVF #1- November- Antagonist protocol: 11/1: start stims, 200iu of Follistim; 11/12 ER 17R/14M/14F; 11/17 5 day transfer of two blasts, 2 blasts and 2 expanding morulas frozen; 11/22 BFP!! (On FRER at 5dp5dt)
    Betas: 9dp5dt 205, 11dp5dt 497, 14dp5dt 1,709
    u/s at 5w0d- 1 sac; u/s at 6w0d 1 baby with heartbeat, another sac without a heartbeat

• I'm sorry, that's a tough situation to be in.

It sounds like your inner voice is pulling you to give you (and YH!) a break and take your time getting started with IVF? Either way, I wish you the best and hope it's a smooth journey. :)

How funny, I was just doing the egg math related to birth control in my head this morning! If we start around 20 follies each month, that's what BC would prevent, so call that 250 eggs/year. 10 years of BC maybe about average, that's 2,500 eggs saved.

However, we drop from something like 300,000 at the start of puberty to maybe 30,000 by the time you're 30. So an extra 15 years of eggs might be equal to around 7-8% of remaining eggs?
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"