High-Risk Pregnancy

1st appt, now waiting game

Hi all, I'm new here. I just had my first appt on Thursday and then a follow-up ultrasound the following day. The radiologist noticed there was some swelling around the baby's skin (edema). I am measuring about 9w4days. They sent my scans to a high risk OB and he spoke with me over the phone.

He said this could mean a number of things. Chromosomal abnormalities - Down's, trisomy 18, turner's syndrome. Or that the baby is XO - no sex. Or viral infection or that it's nothing and will resolve itself.

I decided on a blood test at 12 weeks and another ultrasound at that time. I'm freaking out and so worried. The radiologist said that the baby's heart looks good.

Anyone with a similar story? Looking for some reassurance and that I'm not alone.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

Re: 1st appt, now waiting game

• I'm sorry you are going through this. My 2nd son had some soft markers for downs. It is very stressful and nobody can give you a solid answer. Hopefully the blood test will give you peace of mind. It is hard waiting. I took the martinti21 test. It came back negative and ds was fine. Thoughts and prayers for you and the baby.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • No experience but sending good thoughts your way! *hugs* I know it's basically impossible not to stress but just try and take it one day at a time :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"