LGBT Parenting
Options

AW: Meet SIMONE!!!!!!!! (w/birth story & pix)

We are home and I have a little time to post finally! I've thought of all of you a lot, and read your comments and posts - thank you for all the love and support! Big ups to @ball.and.chain for being my labor watch buddy and posting updates! And thanks to the LGBT'ers for welcoming my TPR friends to the updates :).

Short Version:I had an amazingly successful ~18 hour induction birth that was more perfect than I could've hoped for, despite being totally different than what I thought I wanted (on paper). Our little girl, Simone Louise, popped out at 8:17 a.m. on 8/21/14. She measured 8 lbs, 14 oz. and was 20 inches long. I couldn't be more happy with my birth experience, or with our daughter!!

Really SUPER Long Version
: We checked in at noon on 8/20, my due date, for induction due to having gestational diabetes along with my advanced maternal age. I was super grateful to have been allowed to go to my due date even though I was very scared of induction and the higher potential for a c-section and the unlikelihood of an unmedicated birth due to the use of pitocin. At 12:30, our nurse, Creseta, picked us up and took us to birthing suite 553 - which had a view of the Cascade mountains. We did all of the steps to get ready, and at 2:45 we started (as my doctor called it) "the magical elixir called pitocin." Creseta stayed in the room with us the whole time from 12:30 p.m. until 5 a.m. (she said "you guys are super cool, I said I'd stay on overtime until 5 a.m - SHE was the super cool one, actually.).

She monitored me and Simone and slowly ramped the pitocin. It was hard for her to capture my contractions on the monitor and really, nothing happened for a long time. Around 7 p.m. both our moms and one of my sisters came by to visit. We'd ordered dinner before that and put ourselves to bed around 10 p.m. When I woke up to pee around 12 midnight, still not much was going on but I was getting crampy and was finally feeling the contractions more. Then while laying there, at 12:10, my water broke with a vengeance. That was the weirdest feeling! Within minutes, I was in massive pain having contractions that were super intense, back to back (J tried to time them and they were up to 4 minutes because I couldn't differentiate the start and end). I got on my hands and knees and was just moaning rhythmically - I didn't want to be touched but J reminded me to breath and was right with me. The pitocin was up to 20 at that point (36 is max) and she turned it down to 5, but it didn't make any difference in the intensity of things because my body had taken over. Jill tried to time them but gave up after 4+ minutes because there wasn't a beginning or end to them. I basically knew right then I wanted the epidural - so Creseta called for it and while there was one person ahead of me, it still felt like they came fairly fast.

I got a fantastic epidural/spinal combo so it worked immediately. It only numbed my middle - I could feel and move (but not take weight) on my legs, and could feel my chest, etc. By 1 a.m., they checked me and I was at 5 cm, I was going back to sleep with my epidural in place - I was itchy from the epi so I got some benedryl which helped put me to sleep. Creseta supported me in wanting to move into different positions every hour and we flipped me and I kept my knee up high ("flapping fish pose") to keep my pelvis open and give Simone room to work her way down.

When I woke up at 6 a.m., I had some pain/pressure so I asked the new nurse to check on my epidural. They wanted to check my cervix and the fellow with my OB group came in. She checked and I was complete!! She said "that pressure is your baby's head - your cervix is gone." So, I basically slept my way to 10 cm. She suggested I labor down for a while (I think this had more to do with the shift change at 7 a.m.). Once my 7 a.m. nurse, Robin, came on (I had a float nurse btw 5-7 a.m. who was nice too), my favorite doc (Dr. P.) came in and said it was time to start pushing. She was off at 8 a.m. and I joked about having the baby before she left. She said "don't think you'll push this kid out in one contraction."

We hadn't called our doula yet because nothing was happening. J called her at 6 a.m. and they decided to forgo her coming just for me to push and instead use her for post-partum doula care. With that, we were also giving up photos she agreed to take - so I wanted my sisters there and got permission for one extra person so I could have all three of them! I did two "practice pushes" and then the nurse said to stop because she already could see Simone's head. The nurse called for reinforcements, Dr. P came in (I was SO happy! She stayed a half hour late to deliver Simone). Once my sisters were there, I started pushing for real - weirdly not how I envisioned - on my back and following directions (3 pushes per contraction - which they'd alert me to based on the monitor since I couldn't feel them). My youngest sister took pictures (each time I pushed, she'd show me the baby's progress in between contractions! This helped inspire me) and my other two cheered me on while J and the nurse helped me push. I pushed through three more contractions and she was born! Total pushing was 27 minutes, and about 5 contractions or so. Thanks to my well-placed epidural, I felt nothing at all - no pressure, no pain - but was able to organize myself to push effectively.

Once she was out I reminded the doctor that we wanted to delay cord clamping and then I sat up and took Simone from her and placed her on my chest. I still couldn't believe she was real! Everyone gathered around and we all just looked at her, touched her and talked to her. It was pretty amazing to have my sisters and J all together. No one cried - I think we were all just stunned at how fast it happened and were all excited that she was really here! Once the cord stopped pulsating, J cut the cord, and then my other favorite doctor took over to do my repair (I had 2nd degree tearing - Simone came fast and was big!).

Meanwhile we started breastfeeding and she ate for 45 minutes! After that, they took her and J went over to have her weighed and measured and to get her initial medications, etc. She weighed 8 lbs, 13.8 oz. and they measured her 18.5 inches long, but we had her re-measured the next day and she was 20 inches which made more sense seeing her weight and just how she looked. At this point, we went and got the moms and they met their granddaughter which was very sweet.

Honestly I was and still am just stunned about how easy it was to give birth to Simone - I really feel lucky that my induction was so successful and thanks to my really well-done epidural, I had a birth experience I'd call perfect. I am so so happy with how it went, I have no regrets and feel so happy when I think about it. All my fears didn't even come close to happening.

Without further ado....meet Simone Louise! This is her just about 1 minute old....

Baby in a basket at 6 hours old; one of me shortly after birth (yes, that's my "pretty pusher" labor gown which worked great!); Jill & Simone; Simone at exactly 1 day old (and not thrilled for the photo op!) and the sign at the Ace Hardware across from Jill's coffeeshop the day after she was born! :)

imageimageimageimageimage

Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: AW: Meet SIMONE!!!!!!!! (w/birth story & pix)

• Options
    Awwww!!! What an amazing birth story - truly inspiring. Great job Mama!! (That's it I'm traveling to Seattle to your hospital next time ;-) )

Simone is beautiful, and I love your family pics. You all look so happy!!  I'm thrilled for you and your family. I can't wait to share in your parenting journey.
  • Options
    rkborkbo member
    She is so beautiful momma!! Congrats to both of you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations :D She's so cute!
    So happy to hear that you had such a great birth experience and that everyone is doing well.
  • Options
    BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited August 2014
    Congrats to you and J!! I want an easy birth like that! Happy to hear it all went well and she is just so precious!! Love the pictures :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    I'm so happy for you and J!! Simone is beautiful and one lucky little girl! Thank you for sharing her with all of us, now get some rest :)
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Options
    Your story is amazing and your daughter is beautiful! Congratulations! :)

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • Options
    She is Soooo cute! What a perfect lil one! Happy that all of you are home and healthy! Excited for pip Thursdays to watch her grow. Get some sleep!!!!

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I have tears in my eyes. You and J deserved every minute of that perfect birth. I love it when stories like yours end this way. I know this doesn't need to be said but enjoy every moment including those MOTN feedings/rocking. It'll go by all too quick.
  • Options
    What a perfect story!  And Simone is just beautiful.  Congratulations, mamas!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats, what a great birth story. I love the sign, y'all must have a great community there. So happy to meet Simone. She is beautiful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ATXmommas said:

On a side note, I think you win the award for quickest write up of a birth story! I'm impressed!

I wanted to write it up before I forgot the details! J is going to help me use this as a basis for the more personal detailed one I want to have for Simone. But I'm glad I got a good bit down and I wanted to share with you all as soon as I could! I love reading birth stories!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    Congratulations! She is beautiful!
  • Options
    Wait I forgot to ask.... So if you had to pick kidney stones or labor which would you chose?? :-?
  • Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your birth story with us.  Congradulations to you and J, Simone is a little beauty.  Also I love the sense of community in the sign at the local Ace hardware!

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Options

love love love love love your story...so happy for the THREE of you!!! you are now the THREE of you!!! YAY!!!

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Options
    Awh, crongrats! What a beautiful little girl and sounds like an amazing labor experience. Thanks for sharing. Excited for you to join us over on the parenting check in.
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Options
    A HUGE congrats to all three of you!!!! I am so happy the birth was so perfect for you! You all look beautiful, congratulations again
    My name is A, I am wife to J.  After 7 months of ttc and one MC, we are expecting two baby girls in 2014!

• Options
    Oh, I am so happy for you and your whole beautiful family! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Oh my god! She's beautiful! You're all beautiful! Huge congrats!
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• Options
    Karlamo said:

Wait I forgot to ask.... So if you had to pick kidney stones or labor which would you chose?? :-?

Yeah! Inquiring minds need to know the answer to this one...
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• Options
    I'm late to the party! Big congrats!! She is beautiful!!!

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• Options
    Aww thanks for sharing! She is adorable :) Congrats again!!

ME-34  DW-28
    Together since 1-2012
    Married 9-24-2013
    Started TTC with RE January 2014.
    Open donor sperm

IUI #1 (1-31-14) Clomid + HCG Trigger=BFN
    IUI #2 (2-27-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 2 weeks due to cysts. Placed on BCP
    IUI #3 (4-7-14) Gonal F + HCG trigger=BFN Benched for 3 weeks due to 6 cysts. Placed on BCP

IVF#1 Lupron 10iu, Menopur 150iu, Gonal F 400iu, HCG trigger
    ER#1 (6-3-14) 9 Eggs, 8 Fertilized, 
    ET#1 (6-8-14) 2 Day 5 Blastocysts transferred
    6-20-14 BFP 12dp5dt Beta 114.9
                          15dp5dt Beta 365
    Low progesterone start PIO/Crinone
    6-23-14 Ultrasound shows no sac. Beta dropped. Chemical.
    IVF#2 Menopur 150iu, Gonal F450iu, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger
    ER#2 8-13-14 7 Eggs, 3 Fertilized and frozen
    FET scheduled for 10-11-14
    FET Canceled due to thin lining

IVF #2  Fresh Cycle Scheduled for December 2014

• Options
    Our babies share a birthday exactly a year apart!!  Though Makenzie was born at 8:31pm.  ;)  Congrats!!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"