Baby Showers
Options

So I already know I don't want a Baby shower...

I am 9 weeks pregnant and live about two hours from my family. Every event they have had for me since moving away has revolved around them and where they want my event to be. I don't want to be almost 8 or 9 months pregnant and have to lug presents 100+ miles back to my house. How do I politely say I don't want a shower or the drama that goes along with it?

Re: So I already know I don't want a Baby shower...

• Options
    "How kind of you to graciously offer this gift to me! I greatly appreciate the kind offer, but, after consideration, I will have to decline for personal reasons. Let's do lunch next time I'm in town, okay?"

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just say you think its bad luck, very difficult to argue with that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You kind of sound ridiculous in my mind. If the only person who isn't near them is you, why would they come to you? It makes no sense. I'm driving 5 hrs for my baby shower (just like I did for my bridal shower) because a large chunk of my family lives in Massachusetts and I'M the one that moved to NJ. They want to be a part of these big events, but I refuse to inconvenience them. I'll be traveling up there a bit earlier than is customary, but I wouldn't miss seeing them for the world! Not to mention once baby gets here, traveling is about to get a lot harder (or so I've come to realize, since I'm a FTM).
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options

To be fair, you should have the event where all the guests are... It's ridiculous to expect guests (except your mom or sister) to drive 100 miles to attend a party!

H&H 9 months

Well it is maybe 5 people in their area and the remainder of my friends are here with me. Would it be rude to suggest somewhere in the middle?
  • Options
    VORVOR member

marthah05 said:
    To be fair, you should have the event where all the guests are... It's ridiculous to expect guests (except your mom or sister) to drive 100 miles to attend a party! H&H 9 months
    Well it is maybe 5 people in their area and the remainder of my friends are here with me. Would it be rude to suggest somewhere in the middle?
    I would still just decline.  Assuming a normal, healthy pregnancy, I don't think driving 2 hours is really a big deal, but if you don't want to do it, then just decline.  IF they really push, just say "I appreciate the offer, but I don't want to drive that far that late in my pregnancy".  If from that, THEY offer to do it closer, great. But otherwise, keep mum.

And maybe if one of your friends offers, you can have the shower locally and invite those 5 to the shower.
  • Options
    People are probably going too want to throw you a shower. You can graciously decline or graciously accept it knowing you won't enjoy it but they obviously care or they wouldn't make the effort. I would kindly ask if they could ship the gifts or just register on amazon only.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"