Adoption

Funny thing happened

My husband and I just picked up a bed and mattress that we found on craigslist. My son will be getting this 'big boy bed' and his crib/toddler bed will go to future foster placements once we are licensed. When we pulled up to the house the family was out front playing with some sidewalk chalk; a dad, a mom, and a beautiful little boy. We told them why we needed the bed and the man informed us that they are foster parents. They were supposed to get twins so they rushed and bought 2 beds, but that fell through so they were placed with this boy and didn't need the second bed. What a coincidence. This bed is meant for a foster family one way or another.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Funny thing happened

• Aw, so cool
  • Ours is a mess on our bed, too. He thinks its play time all the time. BUT, we had to move him to a toddler bed at 20 months because he is a HUGE kid. At almost 40" I didn't trust that he wouldn't fall out and get hurt. I'd rather him roll off of a low bed than a fall from a crib rail.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • What a cool coincidence!

"Even miracles take a little time"

• The world is a funny place sometimes!  It brings people together at the most unexpected moments. 

I was at a birthday party for a dead friend from high school in Chicago this weekend and never knew that his boss (and now very close friend) is a foster parent too.  So his wife and I talked for hours about children and the differences between Wisconsin and Illinois CPS processes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"