July 2012 Moms
Options

Sigh...1st emergency visit

So, I haven't used the straps in the high chair for almost a year now because dd gets frustrated and wiggles her way out. She has also always been good to ask for help when she wants down from the high chair. I know, I should have always been strapping her in or at least sitting beside her :( Today she decided to stand up and try to sit on the back. My husband said "no" and got up to catch her but it was too late, she fell backwards. She fell on her back and then her head hit the bottom of an end table. I picked her up and noticed some bleeding from her head and decided to go to emergency. The wound looked really deep to me but it actually stopped bleeding on its own and she didn't even need stitches. The docs used her hair to fix it...tied two bunches of hair together and used a glue to seal the wound. I guess she'll have a scar from this but it will be hidden. She has no signs of concussion and she was a trooper at the hospital. Kids are so tough! I feel terrible... Something like this is preventable. I should have been sitting next to her.. :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Re: Sigh...1st emergency visit

• Options
    ((Hugs)) it was an accident! I can't tell you the last time we've strapped A into his high chair or a shopping cart. Don't be too hard on yourself (easier said than done, I know ). Glad she's okay!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh, poor kid. Poor mama!!! These kids are so quick and fearless, don't beat yourself up over it.
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aww, poor girl. I am glad she is OK> Kids are tough and I am sure this did not even phase her.
  • Options
    Yeah, she is still playing and still climbing things. I'm so nervous when she climbs now!

I'm thinking if putting the high chair away and giving her a small kids table and chairs. Nice and low to the ground.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Options
    Poor baby. Our high chair doesn't even have straps but we will be getting one with straps for number 2. So sorry about the accident! Glad they could fix her up!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Awe, poor girl! I am so glad to hear she is okay. Just try not to beat yourself up too much like I still do over LOs chipped front teeth. At least her boo boo is hidden and will be gone in no time! Our crazy little dare devils!
    Visit The Nest
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"