March 2014 Moms
Options

Because I'm bored...

edited August 2014 in March 2014 Moms
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Because I'm bored...

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    What is something you said/thought you wouldn't do with LO but ended up doing?
    - LO is STILL sleeping in my room. I planned to have him out by 6-8 weeks. Didn't happen because big bro is still using the crib.

What is something you thought you would do but didn't?
    - Co-sleep more often. DS1 slept better in the early morning if he was in bed with me, but LO sleeps fine in the pnp.

What is something you held true about?
    - No pacifier.

What is something you want to do?
    - Get more family pics.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. I went and bought amber necklaces today. Rhys has been miserable for the past 4 days and I've had almost 0 sleep so I'm willing to try them.
    2. I thought I'd tandem feed them more. I only do it a couple times a week.
    3. Breastfeeding both. We're still going strong at nearly 7 months.
    4. I want to do a family trip to Disneyland (mostly for DS1 - he'd love it) while the twins can still fly free!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love reading these too!

1. I thought I would have a med-free birth but wasn't able. I thought I would have no TV before 2, but it snaps her out if hysterics to let her watch 10 minutes of Sofia the First and saves our sanity. Planned on no solids until 6 months. Didn't plan on bed sharing at all but it happens almost nightly from 5/6am until we get up.

2. Have her in her crib sooner! We are still working on it. I wish I had a better sleeper on my hands, but she is cheerful most of the day so I guess it is an okay trade. Naps in the crib too... I want to make it happen!

3. Breastfeeding, I love it and so does LO. Baby wearing is also awesome. Cloth diapers are going well too! And I also always manage to have LO dressed and looking cute and make time to get myself looking presentable. Nightly baths and books. Going out and about to stores and restaurants with LO has also gone well!

4. More running with the running stroller, to travel with LO more once she stops despising the car, start swim lessons for LO at the rec center! Can't wait :)
    textimage

• Options
    What is something you said/thought you wouldn't do with LO but ended up doing?  Not intentionally, but I've forgotten to strap her in her carseat more times than I'd like to admit.  Before baby I would have judged someone for it, but now I see just how easy it is to forget.

What is something you thought you would do but didn't?  Keep working.  I never thought being a SAHM was possible but we found a way.  I never even thought I would want to stay home, I always thought I'd at least want to work part time.

What is something you held true about?  Putting her in her crib, in her room from day one.  Everyone told me I won't want to do it, I'll want her in our room in a bassinet, but it's worked out great and I love that she sleeps in her own room.

What is something you want to do? I kind of want to start her on solids but her doc said to wait till her next appt (6 months).  We're between docs right now, she hasn't seen her new one yet and she very well may be in the 4 months + camp, but something is stopping me.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    lazyreaderlazyreader member
    edited August 2014
    I tried to be very open minded. I didn't expect to start solids so early but we began just after 4.5 mo. Also I was really stubborn about having only a few select baby containers. Now I've got 6 lol
    I wanted to use my wrap more. She wasn't having it. Lol I'm cool with the ergo though.
    Only breast milk. No foo foo butt ruffle pepto pink anything.
    We are going to try cloth diapers starting next week. Jamie has quite the sensitive crack.
  • Options
    What is something you said/thought you wouldn't do with LO but ended up doing? Use a pacifier. And co-sleeping- she's in bed with us from whenever she wakes up during the night (usually between 3-5) til we get up for the day. I love the cuddles, plus the extra sleep.

What is something you thought you would do but didn't? Can't think of anything right now

What is something you held true about? Breast feeding til at least. 6 months (now the goal is a year). Cloth diapers. Skipping rice cereal/purees.

What is something you want to do? Read more to her. I realized that I don't read near often enough to Kinley.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Options
    cdnmommacdnmomma member
    edited August 2014
    Didn't think we'd bed share but we do.

Thought I would read to her more. I have learned I hate reading out loud.

Thought I would wear her more.
  • Options
    1- As other posters have said I never thought I would bedshare but that is all we do now.

2- In the same token, I thought DS would sleep in his own room after a month- little did I know!

3- I said I would breastfeed and baby wear and I have stuck to both.

4- I bought two books- one on bed sharing and one on attachment parenting and I want to be able to do attachment parenting well as DS grows.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I said I would never put a loose blanket in the crib before they were much older. These guys loved to be swaddled, put right next to each other, then tucked in with another blanket wrapping the two of them together.

I thought I would wear both of them more in the moby but it just didn't work out. I also thought I would still be tandem feeding more but they are either getting distracted or smacking each other in the face so we don't do it that often anymore.

I still primarily BF the twins, which is something I really wanted to do. I also still go just about anywhere with all three kids.

Family pics are high on the list. I also want to get into a better bedtime routine of reading to the babies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great thread idea, OP!

No TV. I let him watch a little (15-20 minutes) when he's really cranky and nothing else will distract him. We keep it to sports or kid's TV though.

Babywearing. I ended up with an unplanned c-section and it took a while for my core strength to come back. Now that I could manage to wear him he weighs close to 20 lbs. and it's too hard on my back. MH wears him sometimes so at least the Ergo isn't totally gathering dust.

Bedsharing. MH sleeps with a bunch of pillows and tosses and turns too much; I sleep too deeply. Neither of us are good candidates for it.

Make more baby food. So far all I've prepped and frozen are sweet potatoes and chicken breast, both from leftovers we just happened to have. I don't mind buying baby food but it's expensive for what you get and I like knowing exactly what he's eating. Eventually I'd like him to eat less salty/spicy versions of our food so I hope getting him used to homemade food sooner rather than later will help this process.
  • Options
    I actually didn't think I would wait this long to start solids.

I thought I would wear her more.

I do not bed share. Just too anxious.

I want to make my own baby food.

• Options
    I thought I would want to go back to work right away after 6 weeks, and I thought I would always want to be a full-time working mom. But, I really, really enjoyed my time with her on maternity leave and am looking forward to the time when DH transfers back home (currently working out of state) so that I can just go to part time work.

I thought that we were going to have her sleep in our room in the bassinet insert for the PNP for her first few weeks. By the 3rd day of her being at home, she was in her crib because not only do DH and I sleep in our room, so do both of our dogs and it was just too busy for her to handle.

Formula feeding. It was very hard to listen to so many people trying to force breastfeeding on me, and I considered it many times, but it just wasn't right for me.

Can't think of anything off the top of my head.

• Options
    edited August 2014

DH and I originally didn't like the idea of using a pacifier. We eventually gave in. She only uses it for sleeping now. Part of me still regrets it though because she NEEDS it to fall asleep, and I think her short naps are often caused by a lost paci.

Breastfeed for a year. It only lasted 2 weeks (and then 4 more weeks of EPing). She didn't want to latch and my supply sucked :(

No co-sleeping. We put her in her crib for nighttime sleep from the beginning and she is a pretty good nighttime sleeper now. I still wonder if I had done that for naps too from the get-go she'd be a better napper.

I'm looking forward to traveling with her more -- taking her to museums, parks, the zoo, etc. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    We said we would never CIO, but after fighting with DS for hours on end to sleep, and he would cry with me holding him trying to get him asleep, or fuss for a little bit when I laid him down, CIO was the best option for us. We did a VERY gentle method of it, and I still get up at least 2 times during MOTN to nurse, but bedtime/naps are MUCH better!! 

Hmmm....I can't really think of anything. 
    Maybe leave him alone with DH or someone else more?  I can count on one hand how many times I've been away from DS and the longest was about 5 hours. 

No Co-sleeping. We've done it a few times for naps, but we really aren't good candidates for it. 

I want to get involved with some mommy groups, and I'm looking forward to cooler weather so we can go on walks!! 
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options

What is something you said/thought you wouldn't do with LO but ended up doing?    I was so sure I would have LO sleep in the crib from day 1. yeah, right! he slept in his swing for the longest time, then we used the bassinet attachment for the pnp to transition to crib. he still gets put in the swing once in awhile if he gets up too early and won't go back down.

What is something you thought you would do but didn't? I thought for sure I would babywear all the time so I could garden, clean the house, cook....nope. lo has been worn only a handful of times in the ergo.

What is something you held true about?  like many pp's, no solids until 6 months. I am super excited to start but I am staying strong and insisting that we wait.

What is something you want to do? I really want to take lo on some trips!

• Options

I thought I would keep her in our room in her bassinet until 6 months.  she never slept in her bassinet, always in a RAP, and we lasted until 3 months in the same room.  She talks in her sleep and I would take it as she was awake so I would go to the nursery (DH still working and did not want to interrupt his sleep) to feed her when she did not need it.  We both slept better when she went to her own room.

I thought I would breast feed until 1 year.  that's not going to happen after 4 weeks of her not thriving we figured out I don't produce enough so she has had formula bottles and pumped BM from 4 weeks on,  now I am drying up so this is my last week of pumping.  Also could not actually BF since I am very large and neither one of us could find a comfy position after 8 weeks.  turned out to stressful and she despised it so we started pumping and bottle feeding

not bed sharing.  scares me to think about it.  also traveling with her early.  as a family we travel a lot and I was determined she would be a good for car rides.  We make 5 hour trips frequently and she loves every minute

I really want to loose the baby weight, but my body is fighting tooth and nail to keep every last ounce.  I also need to read to her more often.           

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I really wanted to stay paci-free, but around the three week mark he had an epic meltdown and the only thing that would soothe him was to latch on to me... and bite. NO thank you! He's been a paci-user ever since, and my boobs are completely ok with it!

I went into breastfeeding with zero expectations, after reading a lot and learning about how hard it can be. I absolutely thought we would be done breastfeeding by now, but we're still going strong! EP, but that counts in my book.

Not co-sleeping. It just personally terrifies me, and N has been sleeping really well in his crib since about week 3.

During the labor process I told DH I'd only go through it this one time because it was terrible... now each new tiny nugget I see makes me want to do it all over again, and makes our original plan of waiting 2-3 years seem like forever!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"