C-sections
Options

going into labor before c-section

This is my new biggest thought. Im nervous this will happen. Have any of y'all experienced this?

Re: going into labor before c-section

• Options
    Yep. I was scheduled for a c/s at 39w due to breech baby. I went into labor at 37w 4d. I had been in early labor for a couple days, and woke up one morning with some bleeding. I went to the hospital pretty much right away because I was concerned about the bleeding and her position. They monitored me for about an hour, and I was progressing quickly (went from 2cm to 5cm in an hour) so they got me right in for the surgery.
    Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Options
    I labored for 16 hours until they rushed me in for an emergency c-section. I'm confused by your post, is there something you want to know about labor before CS or u just want to know how many ppl actually went into labor before having a CS?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went into labor two out of three times. No big deal just went in and had the CSections.
  • Options
    My water broke with DS several days before my scheduled RCS.  I wasn't having strong contractions yet, so I showered, went to the hospital, was checked to make sure my water had actually broken, and had my c/s a few hours later.  No big deal, and way less stressful than my first, totally unplanned c/s with DD.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Options
    Justabean3Justabean3 member
    edited August 2014
    If you have a planned medical reason c/s and go into labor before you're scheduled then they squeeze you in ahead of a scheduled c-section not in labor most times.

I was scheduled at 8a last time and they delayed it until 10a bc another lady went into labor ahead of her scheduled one.
  • Options
    Thanks! Im just curious about others situations. I was induced with my first and ended in emergency c-section do to fetal distress so this time im scheduled for a c-section and am wondering if I have a chance of going into labor before my surgery.

I am totally bummed about not getting to experience going into labor at all but dont want to risk babies health to try a vbac.
  • Options
    I went into labor all 3 times. ( last 2 were scheduled) they got me checked in, began monitoring me and then sent me up for surgery! No problem!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was trying for an HBAC so I had 40+hrs of active labour prior to my RCS. I had prodromal labour from week 34 to week 41.
  • Options
    I did. I went into labor about 6 hours before my scheduled c section but stayed at home and labored in the living room so as not to wake DH. I really wanted him to get his rest because I knew we had a long day ahead of us....

Big mistake. I really should have gone to L&D before.

They ended up just waiting for the dr to get there and started the RCS as scheduled. NBD in the L&D world as long as baby isn't distressed.
  • Options
    Yes, I was scheduled for 39 weeks 5 days and went into labor at 37 weeks 1 day.  I got to the hospital around 10pm, they monitored me for 2 hours, and then called in the surgery team.

• Options
    Okay I'm glad I read this! I have a C-section scheduled because I have a history of multiple collapsed lungs due to a botched surgery not related to pregnancy, and I wondered what would happen if I went into labor early knowing I can't physically withstand the pushing. Your post helped....thanks!
  • Options
    Yes, my water broke and I started going into labor. Then my labor stopped and I had to be induced. I was completely effaced and dilated so they let me pushed. I pushed for over 4 hours and nothing. My son was sunny side up and they said I had a "ridge" on my uterus that was making it difficult to get him out. Then because my water broke so long ago I got a fever and ended up in an emergency C section. It sucked but I have a healthy son and am pregnant with #2!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker  

• Options
    Thanks ladies. Feeling much better about it, especially now that my fundal height is measuring 5 weeks ahead Im even more sure I'm going to go into labor before my scheduled c-section.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"