Multiples

BPPs weekly at 33 wks

Is this standard or am I getting them because of this darn GD? I'll ask at my next appt, but just wondering what everyone else gets at this time
First natural BFP June 2013
Ectopic July 2012 with fallopian tube and ovary removal :(

First IVF (after 1 cancelled cycle) Jan 2014, 
ER 1/16
ET 1/21
Beta 1/31 BFP!
Beta 2: 400
Beta 3: 700
Beta 4: 11,000  
Beta 5: 45,000
1st US 2/18:  TWINS!!!  :)
EDD: 10/10/14
Delivered via c section 9/17/14, B/G twins

Re: BPPs weekly at 33 wks

• I had BPPs done at 32 weeks and 34 weeks. I think every week or every other week is fairly common after 32 weeks. I do think the GD may contribute to weekly BPPS though.
    Two sets of fraternal twins, 23 mos. apart First set born 12/27/12 at 35w0d via IVF Second set born 11/18/14 at 35w6d via FET
  • I started having them weekly around 30 weeks. I was considered high risk because I was 37. My water broke at 36w4d. I would think that it is because of the GD.
  • Loading the player...
  • Routine care was twice weekly NSTs starting at 32w for me. One of those was to include a BPP. I didn't have any complications when this plan was put in place, but I developed mild pre-e around 32w.

My water broke at 34w unrelated to the pre-e, so I ended up only have 3 NSTs and one BPP.

Be aware though that BPPs take a while. Budget at least an hour at the appt.

• At our hospital, weekly BPPs around that time are standard for all multiples. My OB did divulge that there is research showing it's not necessarily necessary. The BPP consists of the ultrasound tech looking for 4 things for each baby. Once each one performed, I was free to go. If either refused to do one item within a half hour, the OB had to decide whether or not to do a NST. Some places do a half hour for both babies and some do a half hour per baby, so up to an hour for the twins, and don't forget that the tech will need to staff with an OB who will come in to say hi, so if there's only one OB in the unit that day and they're pretty busy, it could run up to an hour and a half or so at the office. They looked for each child to practice breathing (which they said is the trickiest one, especially in the earlier BPPs. They practice breathing more frequently and for longer periods if time as you get closer to the end), to make one big movement, to make 3 small movements, and they had to measure the largest pocket of amniotic fluid (looking for a 4cm x 4cm area). In one of my earlier BPPs, baby b decided she didn't want to practice breathing. Up to that point, everything had been normal, so they said that because it was still earlier on and all was going well (and they were seeing me again in a week), we were able to forego the NST. A week later, she obliged us by practice breathing. This being said, if you notice your babies are more active at a specific time of day, trying to plan your BPPs around then wouldn't be a bad idea. My hospital also liked to schedule the BPPs for multiples a little earlier in the day so there would be more time for the NST if it was needed, without keeping all the staff over after their shifts. In a couple of mine, if the babies cooperated early on and the tech had time to kill before the next patient or if we were just waiting for one baby to do one thing, our tech would ask if we wanted to switch to 3d for a bit at the end. We got a great funny picture of baby b kicking baby a in the face from one of these.
  • I started them last week at 32 weeks and I'm scheduled all the way out. No GD or other complications.
    siggy warning

Anniversary

Me:29 DH:30
    TTC since 10/11
    HSG, BW, Ultrasound, SA, Genetic testing, Karyotype - all normal
    DX - Unexplained IF
    3/13-9/13 - 2 Clomid IUIs & 3 Injectable IUIs - All BFN
    Cycle 25 - IVF w/ antagonist protocol - ER 11/18 (11R, 9F) - ET 11/23 (1 "good" early blast) - none left to freeze - BFN
    Cycle 26 - IVF w/ antagonist protocol  - ER 1/17 (12R, 11M, 8 F) - ET 1/22 (2 "good" expanded blasts) 
    2 frosties - Beta 2/4 - BFP! 2104, 2/7 -  4780, ultrasound 2/12 - holy shiz, there are 2!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had them every week.
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started my BPPs this week. I'm 30 weeks. I don't have GD but my babies were measuring equal and then one took off. They said I would usually start at 32 weeks but they just wanted to keep an eye on them. I wouldn't worry too much, the more they watch the better.
  • We are starting weekly BPPs at week 33 as well.  I think some of my risk factors play a part (blood pressure, thyroid, almost 40) in addition to it being a twin pregnancy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have them weekly now and go in twice a week.  I have GD plus signs of developing pre-eclampsia so she wanted more monitoring than they typically do.  Ours haven't taken long (max 20-25 mins total for both babies).  Also start NST this week.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"