TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

Happy Friday ladies! 

It's that time again. This is our bi-weekly check in. Feel free to let us know how life is; you can b!tch, you can moan, you can brag, you can cry, whatever you want. Enjoy!

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

• Options
    @buggirl72 Thanks for posting, and hooray for normal results and no spotting! I can't see the pic, but I love mid mod furniture and have some pieces from that era, too. 

As for me, I'm on day 12 of my 25-day hormone therapy cycle following my surgery to remove retained tissue. I'm feeling actually pretty good. The high dose of estrogen (2.5 mg daily of Premarin) has me feeling like I have a lot of energy. Unfortunately it also makes me feel like I want to eat ALL THE THINGS, so I'm trying to get out walking a little bit extra. We are TTA for this cycle and the next one, then moving on to medicated IUI cycle. 
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BookishMomma - Yay for being at the half-way point! Maybe the higher energy and wanting to eat means your metabolism is running a little faster?

@Smootiepie - That is so exciting!!!!  January will be here before you know it!

• Options
    @Smootiepie‌ How exciting! I'm so glad you and your H are on the same page.
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• Options
    Hi ladies, I'm glad it's time for this check in so that I can update everyone
    IUI#3 is a bust. I just don't understand how I went from easily getting pregnant, but miscarrying, to not getting pregnant at all
    I never thought we'd need IUI and then I never thought 3 IUIs would all result in bfn
    What's more baffling is my great response to meds, still with bfns
    The only upside is that I can now treat this Damn bacteria infection. Flagyl, here I come

We'll try to see the RE before vacation in mid September to regroup. He won't say much different than he did in July, I'm guessing...which is he doesn't think that we're at the point of IVF but that he'll support our decision. I really just want to get more of a firm price for moving forward to IVF

My need to move on, rather than do another IUI or keep trying naturally, is really to be able to come to some type of acceptance or resolution. I'm tired of limbo and maybes/what ifs

@buggirl72‌ thanks for the check in! Glad to hear that your tests were normal and congrats on the furniture

@BookishMomma‌ estrogenn gives energy?! Send me some. I'm glad that you're feeling ok

@Smootiepie‌ congrats on the IVF decision!

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• Options
    @Rachaeleigh I'm so sorry about the BFN and the infection. Talk about insult to injury. 
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• Options
    @Rachaeleigh‌ - I am so sorry for the BFN ((((hugs)))).  Do you have endo? I can't remember if you have ever been diagnosed with that. I know that could interfere with the success of IUI.

@HoldingOutHope - I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!

• Options
    @buggirl72‌ no, not that I know of. You're the 3rd person that had mentioned that recently. Do you know how it's usually diagnosed?

@HoldingOutHope‌ congrats on moving forward! I hope the meds treat you well

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• Options
    @buggirl72‌ no, not that I know of. You're the 3rd person that had mentioned that recently. Do you know how it's usually diagnosed? @HoldingOutHope‌ congrats on moving forward! I hope the meds treat you well

The standard for diagnosing endo is a diagnostic lap (surgery). My RE did say he could see endo on my u/s and I think someone else said they were told an MRI, but I'm not sure about that.The problem with endo is that the symptoms might not be something you notice and severity of endo does not necessarily match severity of symptoms.
    <br>

I think the reason that different people have been asking if you have that dx is because it would help explain why you now have infertility issues and why the IUIs are not working. Endo can hurt egg quality. On my case, my endo is on my ovary so it's an extra barrier my follicles have to deal with. My reading also showed that endo produces an enzyme that can degrade egg quality after it is released. IVF becomes the better option if you know endo is a factor.

• Options
    @Rachaeleigh‌ @buggirl72‌ My RE was able to see endo on my ovary via U/S, too, as well as hysteroscopy. I have a 2cm endometrioma (endo cyst) on my right ovary. I've never had a lap, so have not had a 100% definitive diagnosis, but my RE says it looks like endo. I have zero symptoms except for fairly strong ovulation pain and GI symtoms around O and AF time. Despite the suspected endo, though, my RE is still recommending that we do IUI rather than jumping right to IVF.
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• Options
    Thanks to both of you, @buggirl72‌ and @BookishMomma‌ for the info
    Hmm...3 of my 4 losses were BOs. Well, during the 4th, the RE said he saw a fetal pole, and 2 REs since say a fetal pole is visualized on the u/s image, but it was labeled a BO in notes/records. That makes me think egg quality issue.
    How does IVF help in Endo cases?

I emailed my RE today to see if he wants us to come in for another consult (we just had one in late June) since we had 3 failed IUIs.
    I also asked him to recheck my records to make sure I was tested for all potential autoimmune issues, as my mom has hashimotos and rheumatoid arthritis.
    He emailed me back within 5 minutes (after hours) saying he was sorry for failed IUI and that he would get back to me tomorrow after checking my file.
    He's pretty awesome :-)

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• Options
    Thanks to both of you, @buggirl72‌ and @BookishMomma‌ for the info Hmm...3 of my 4 losses were BOs. Well, during the 4th, the RE said he saw a fetal pole, and 2 REs since say a fetal pole is visualized on the u/s image, but it was labeled a BO in notes/records. That makes me think egg quality issue. How does IVF help in Endo cases? I emailed my RE today to see if he wants us to come in for another consult (we just had one in late June) since we had 3 failed IUIs. I also asked him to recheck my records to make sure I was tested for all potential autoimmune issues, as my mom has hashimotos and rheumatoid arthritis. He emailed me back within 5 minutes (after hours) saying he was sorry for failed IUI and that he would get back to me tomorrow after checking my file. He's pretty awesome :-)
    IVF helps in endo cases because it removes the egg. My understanding is that the endo "attacks" the egg after it is released - IVF bypasses that.

• Options
    buggirl72 said:

Thanks to both of you, @buggirl72‌ and @BookishMomma‌ for the info
    Hmm...3 of my 4 losses were BOs. Well, during the 4th, the RE said he saw a fetal pole, and 2 REs since say a fetal pole is visualized on the u/s image, but it was labeled a BO in notes/records. That makes me think egg quality issue.
    How does IVF help in Endo cases?

I emailed my RE today to see if he wants us to come in for another consult (we just had one in late June) since we had 3 failed IUIs.
    I also asked him to recheck my records to make sure I was tested for all potential autoimmune issues, as my mom has hashimotos and rheumatoid arthritis.
    He emailed me back within 5 minutes (after hours) saying he was sorry for failed IUI and that he would get back to me tomorrow after checking my file.
    He's pretty awesome :-)

IVF helps in endo cases because it removes the egg. My understanding is that the endo "attacks" the egg after it is released - IVF bypasses that.

Thanks :-) I'm going to chat with REnext week and let you know what happens

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• Options

@HoldingOutHope - Was your inject class today? If so, how did it go? I'm so excited for you to start your medicated cycle!! Good luck this weekend in Florida! I'll be thinking of you.

@myfirstraspberry ~ I'm so excited that you're moving forward! \:D/

To answer your questions:

Yes, I attended the class at Annandale this morning (you're right; that building is depressing!). There was only one other girl there! So empty. Anyway, it was good. I didn't really learn anything, as I'd already watched videos online (Freedom Fertility, I think) about how to mix my Gonal-F injection and administer it. But it was good to practice mixing fake meds (and injecting them into a piece of rubber) before doing it with my expensive ones at home. ;) You won't have to worry about the mixing part since you've just got the Ovidrel - it's super easy, no mixing or switching needles.

Well, AF is being a sneaky beotch. She showed for maybe an hour and a half yesterday, then switched to spotting, then stopped altogether. And today I've just been spotting again. My nurse is going to have me come in tomorrow for CD3 monitoring anyway because we don't want to miss it, if this is indeed just a very light AF. Oh, what fun. Get it together, body! CD3 MUST happen by Friday since I'm going out of town! :-SS
    @HoldingOutHope I have found that AF is a little wonky off BCP and extremely light for me.  FX that this is really AF and you can more forward. I'm glad ot hear the inject class went well. I can't wait to poke some rubber on Thursday :D

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Current Status:  IVF with ICSI and PGS
    Genetic, RPL, SA and Fertility testing = Normal/Good
        HSG = All Clear
    BFP #1 12.30.2012  ||  Blighted Ovum 02.05.2013  ||  D&C 02.11.2013
    BFP #2 09.10.2013  ||  c/p 09.12.2013

BFP #3 12.1.2013  ||  mm/c  01.15.14  ||  D&C 01.21.14  chromosome abnormality
    May 2014:  Residual HCG and retained tissue found
    05.13.2014:  Hysteroscopy D&C to find and remove retained tissue
    June 2014:  Tissue sample results indicate a partial molar pregnancy
    May - Aug 2014:   TTA for monitoring and testing
    08.21.2014:  Hysteroscopy to remove minor scar tissue - the result of 3 D&Cs
    Sept/Oct: IUI #1  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN
    Oct/Nov: IUI #2  Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
    Nov/Dec: IUI #3  Femara + Bravelle + Ovidrel = BFN

My Ovulation Chart  || *~*~All AL Welcome~*~* ||  DIY Blog

imagehttp://i59.tinypic.com/v5ztqr.jpg  image

image image 

• Options
    BostonGayGalBostonGayGal member
    edited August 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards