March 2014 Moms
Options

Lowering crib mattress

When do you lower the crib mattress or have you already?? Last night lo woke up and was on all fours rocking I'm not sure how it happened but she smashed her head into the part above the rails and did the whole silent scream followed by full blown scream. I had to nurse her to call her down even that though had some intermitted screaming. So I'm thinking we need to lower her mattress so she won't smash her head into that part of the crib.

Re: Lowering crib mattress

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    same as above..
    I'm ready to lower it as soon as she reaches for something above her and tries a baby sit-up. that's my red flag.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    It's already on the lowest setting since DD used it before. We were too lazy to bring it up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Right now even if Levi could pull up he couldn't topple out bc he's shorter than the top of the rail, he'd have to pull himself up and over.  Once he starts pulling up on a consistent basis or gets taller I'll lower it.  We have 3 settings and it's on the 2nd now.  We never had it on the highest level bc he stayed in the bassinette for so long.
  • Options
    It's already on the lowest setting since DD used it before. We were too lazy to bring it up.
    ^^ this, except it's DS that used it. :D
  • Options
    Husband is for sure lowering it tonight. I never thought about lowering prior to her being able to sit up/pull up...but I guess her crazy scooting has gotten out of control!!
  • Options
    @lincbeesmom‌ yes probably but what I think she hit her head on was the upper horizontal rail...it actually has like a lip on it that I never noticed that kinda sticks out and I think that is what she whacked her head on when she came down from being up on her hands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"