January 2015 Moms
Options

FFFC 8/22

BookitBooBookitBoo member
edited August 2014 in January 2015 Moms
Ladies, you know what to do!

Fair Warning: While the title is 'Flame Free Friday Confessions' that rarely means that all confessions will be met with warm fuzzies. Flames do happen, ladies and gentlemen!

Re: FFFC 8/22

• Options
    amiej1227 said:

I had two mini cupcakes for dinner last night :p and then went to bed at 7... It was nice :)

Nothing flamey about that ! Sounds like a good night actually :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP 1: 9/19/11 , DS born 5/28/12 @ 41 weeks

BFP 2: 11/8/13, NMC 11/27/13 @ 8w4d, we love you sweet baby!
    BFP 3: 5/16/14 Stick, sweet little one!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options

BookitBoo said:

@Firefly3911‌

DS loves 'playing' kingdom hearts with us (he uses the 360 controller to 'play' with Daddy). I can't wait to play Legend of Zelda and FF with him!

Ds does that too! We give him an old wii remote while we play... He shouts "go go go" since we are usually playing racing games

• Options
    UberBiz said:

I am currently working my way through an entire pint of Stewart's Mint Cookie Crumble ice cream.

I am so jealous! I LOVE Stewart's especially their make your own sundaes but there aren't any where I live

Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    EmilyA724 said:
    I am currently working my way through an entire pint of Stewart's Mint Cookie Crumble ice cream.
    I am so jealous! I LOVE Stewart's especially their make your own sundaes but there aren't any where I live
    I had never had Stewart's til I moved here (NNY), but ice cream is like, HUGE here, there are a million ice cream places and my town just put in a DQ! Many are seasonal, though, so not open during the winter. Thank goodness for DQ and Stewart's!
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hope Chloe grows up to love the Final Fantasy (RPG) series as much as her dad and I do. 
    Not the same, but maybe a confession too.
    I'd be sad if my kid didn't like lacrosse as much as H and I do. It's really big in my family, and H's life almost revolves around it.  I have all of these dreams in my head of my future son/daughter playing and loving it as we do.  Will I let my kid make their own choices? Of course. But admittedly, I would have sadness if they didn't enjoy it. 
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    My FFFC: I truly did not care what our baby's sex was but now that I know we're having a boy, I'm freaking out. I don't know how to raise a boy baby. No one in my family has boys. That and I kind of resent baby for not letting me feel him move. (Pretty bad, I know)
    According to my MIL, who raised 3 boys, boys are hard when little (because they are all over the place) but easier as they get older. Her sister has 3 girls who has agreed that girls are easy when little but hard when older. So really, there's gonna be challenges no matter what sex baby is! I think you are up to it, @saiven‌ even if it doesn't feel like it right now :)
    I'll spin that and say my daughter was WAY harder when she was little, and my son has been my easy baby. DD has calmed down a LOT (she's 9 now), and I'm sure little man will grow into his own, but my daughter was definitely the crazy one.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jconno said:

I'm sick of the Ice Bucket Challenge.

Me too. I just got nominated. I can think of two people I can "call out" but not a third. 1. It makes me feel like a loser, but so many people have already done it! 2. I don't want to nominate any one who might not be able to afford donating. I don't know. I know it's for a good cause but the method is kind of awkward.

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Options

Boys aren't necessarily harder, nor are girls. Don't be intimidated by raising one sex or another. Your baby is an individual. And I'm sure he'll melt your heart. :)

I want to lovetit this more than once!!!

• Options

I don't like babies. Imbready for my son to be a kid, not a baby. Everyone always talks about being sad that their babies are growing up, and in just like, can we fast forward?

I'm sure I'll feel differently once the baby is here but right now I'm like can I just fast forward to them being an adult?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Mine is I think baby leg warmers are really rediculous and not cute... just put them in pants!

Also I wanted to throat punch my DH in his sleep last night after he casually mentioned before bed that he is having "second thoughts" about the name we've chosen (after I'm now attached to it and we've already shared it with our families, who also love it).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't like donuts of any kind.  I also do not like licorice, and I'm still bloody well craving beer. 
  • Options
    Lanatir said:

FFFC--  I'm torn about our anatomy scan on Monday.  Of course I want a healthy scan.  But that part aside, part of me is DYING to find out and part of me hopes 2.0 won't cooperate so we don't find out.

It's a problem.  I'm at war with myself...  hahaha
    Ugh self wars suck! My usual method is a non-decision decision. Like, if baby cooperates then you find out, and if s/he doesn't cooperate well then you don't have a choice lol

• Options
    Edvent said:

Mine is I think baby leg warmers are really rediculous and not cute... just put them in pants!

Also I wanted to throat punch my DH in his sleep last night after he casually mentioned before bed that he is having "second thoughts" about the name we've chosen (after I'm now attached to it and we've already shared it with our families, who also love it).

Leg warmers make diaper changes a billion times easier, especially if you're changing baby where it might be cold (you can leave their leg warmers on them and just remove diaper.  They also save little knees when they are crawling!

-- Stuck in quote box --

These are good points. I had a summer baby last time (and I live in Texas which usually feels like the surface of the sun), so I just thought they were silly. May be eating my words come January! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FFFC--  I'm torn about our anatomy scan on Monday.  Of course I want a healthy scan.  But that part aside, part of me is DYING to find out and part of me hopes 2.0 won't cooperate so we don't find out.

Ugh self wars suck! My usual method is a non-decision decision. Like, if baby cooperates then you find out, and if s/he doesn't cooperate well then you don't have a choice lol
    Haha is my OB different?  There's always the unavoidable question of "Do you want to find out the sex now?"  What do I say then!?!?!??!?!?!  haha.

Seriously, this is awesome if this is the worst problem in my life right now.  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @amiej1227‌ I have an 11 month old and I still feel this way.

@UberBiz‌ I agree. Except I'd take it one farther in wish I could skip from about 4 month to kindergarten. My son started getting places by himself at 4 months, crawling at 6 and walking at 8. Now I spend everyday hearing a blood curddling scream every time I say no, wondering where thebhell got whatever is in his mouth, having my hair pulled, and all kinds of other fun stuff.
  • Options
    Lanatir said:

Lanatir said:

Haha is my OB different?  There's always the unavoidable question of "Do you want to find out the sex now?"  What do I say then!?!?!??!?!?!  haha.

Seriously, this is awesome if this is the worst problem in my life right now.  :)

Say, "if baby cooperates." Haha then you put the ball in baby's court :)

• Options
    edited August 2014
    And its not like a friend used it or something. I would still use it in that case. This is DH'S brother! We can't have 2 babies in the family born a few months apart with the same exact name. Just no.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"