January 2013 Moms

Not sharing. Suggestions please!

Our daughter has been having issues with sharing her toys with other kids. Even if we see other kids at the park, she will walk up to them and try to take their toys and claim it's hers...quite annoying & embarrassing to say the least. She says "no, no, no." How to we discipline her and teach her to share? I've been trying to redirect her to other toy options but she is strong willed and freaks out.
What are you ladies doing to handle situations like this? Any tricks? Types of discipline that works for 18mth old?

P.S. We now have a 3mth old daughter, so I would like to teach our 18mth old "sharing" before the little one starts playing with her big sisters toys!

Any suggestions will be helpful thank you!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Not sharing. Suggestions please!

• Thank you so much for the info & article!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Great article!!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Loading the player...
  • Everything that MichieU79 said!  I think if you did a poll, you'd find out that all of our LOs are in that "no, no, no" stage!  We went to a playground and DD would get mad if even 1 other child tried to get on the equipment with her and was saying "no, no, no"!!!  I tried to divert her by saying "DD, let's wave at the other kids and say hello!"  It kind of sort of worked.  But, yeah, they aren't going to get it yet.  Come to mention, I know a lot of adults that don't know how to share!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Echoing the previous posters here.  As my Dr. says, toddlers at this age know how to play near each other not so much with each other.  DS has meltdowns if a toy he was playing with was taken or if another child is playing with a toy he wants.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"