June 2013 Moms
Options

Calling all moms of older kids/toddlers - alarm clock question

This might help June moms in the future, so it's totally relevant to the board :)

Do you have an alarm clock for your kid? Or some sort of visual or auditory aid to indicate when they can get out of bed? Bradley has been getting up and coming to our room at 5:30 and it's too much.

Would you go with a proper alarm clock set to the time they can come out? (Like this)

Or something that changes colors to indicate appropriate room departure time?
                                                              #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13

Re: Calling all moms of older kids/toddlers - alarm clock question

• Options
    And also for G the cooler something looks the more the urge to climb and disassemble so there is no way we could do a cool batman. But that's our punk, depends on how good your kid is!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    At that age there's no way I'd think they could "tell time" well enough to understand when they could come in.  Even if they can count and rationally know that 6 comes after 5, I just see it not going well and I'd go with one of the ok to wake clocks.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

At that age there's no way I'd think they could "tell time" well enough to understand when they could come in.  Even if they can count and rationally know that 6 comes after 5, I just see it not going well and I'd go with one of the ok to wake clocks.

I would do it more "wait until you hear the noise and then you can get up" than him telling time. I mean, he's obvi a genius, but even he has limitations :)

• Options
    @wasnotwas oh shit you're brave! What if he was going to have an odd morning of sleeping in and you go and set an alarm?  Crazy talk :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    @wasnotwas oh shit you're brave! What if he was going to have an odd morning of sleeping in and you go and set an alarm?  Crazy talk :)
    That would be the first time in 3+ years. Seriously. He has never slept in past 6:45. Ever.

• Options
    @heelibrarian‌ that was a love it of empathy and support. ;) moms of precocious toddlers unite!
    We have a similar electrical taping off system for the AC unit. We actually installed the whole thing, covered the panel and kept the remote in our room and set it up while he was gone so he couldn't see there was a remote somewhere and a control panel. It takes a lot to be a parent here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"